Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
After going through AV-C's September Malware Protection Test, I'd like to request you a comparison between premium versions of Avast, AVG, Avira, Eset, GData and Kaspersky in terms of online and offline protection, compromised and false positives, and use of system resources mainly on laptops. Thanks in advance.

Hello and thank you for your request that I note :)
I've already made a video about Avast! which will be released tomorrow. But, I didn't put an Offline test, it will come soon, and why not in the comparison you ask me :)

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I would be interested in seeing a comparison test for programs that are used in conjunction with an anti-virus, used as a secondary level of protection. Programs such as Voodoo Shield ( I know you already tested it), Hitman Pro Alert, OSArmour, SysHardener, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, Spyshelter, Appguard etc.

Why? Because anti-virus are tested all the time, these products rarely are.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
It would be very interesting to see new tests on Ahnlab V3lite, Huorong IS, and 360 Total Security
+1
Don't expect good results by Huorong, better results with Q360, as it has strong signatures.
Did not manage to get a trial of Ahnlab, could be interesting?

My request would be QuickHeal (strong BB, very weak signatures), and eScan (has been quite buggy in ShadowDefender environment, haven't tested it therefore for a long time).

bobdoe

Level 2
Oct 10, 2020
+1
Don't expect good results by Huorong, better results with Q360, as it has strong signatures.
Did not manage to get a trial of Ahnlab, could be interesting?

My request would be QuickHeal (strong BB, very weak signatures), and eScan (has been quite buggy in ShadowDefender environment, haven't tested it therefore for a long time).
Thanks for replying to my post... I cant find a link to a trial version of Ahnlab Internet Security, but here is the link to V3Lite (a big yellow banner appears at the bottom when you start to scroll down)...

and here are test results from June from av-test.org for the non free program...

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
They even have a second opinion scanner. Looks quite cool.
Screenshot 2022-10-24 160720.jpg

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
Hi

Is there any chance of testing ARCABIT Internet Security again ?

The manufacturer of this software has recently made many changes to improve the package. In addition to the standard BD engine, ARCABIT's own engine has been heavily improved. Below is a list of the improvements added:

- RoundKick heuristics to control additional areas of system and user activity
- Enhanced script heuristics
- New mechanisms to detect phishing messages and cryptocurrencies
- New mechanisms for the detection of mass spam actions

I myself have a long-term licence for this product in my possession ;)

Thank you for testing

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
These screenshots are from PC Doctor Virus Removal Tool, which is basically the same as Vibranium Cleaning Tool, except that in this case, you don't have to buy a subscription in order to removed the detected malware.

PC Doctor.png
It detects AtGuard as a rogue.

PC Doctor 3.png

These are folders used by Samsung Magician, which is definitely not a PUP.

PC Doctor 2.png

Better yet, it detects itself as being malware.

Their actual antiviruses don't have the same intentional false positives, but do have issues with false positives nonetheless.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.