Making my Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

yruohk

Thread author
Apr 13, 2013
I wasn't sure how to make my Introduction as suggested in my Welcome email, so I clicked on NEW THREAD. If not the right thing, forgive me & correct me.

I want to say that I Google searched Iminent Search the Web & came upon this forum & it appeared to be a good place to join so I might have somewhere to ask questions about frustrating issues online especially software. It seems whenever I call my Verizon tech support they tell me I'm asking software issues & they can't answer.

My question, hoping this is the right vehicle by which to ask, is how did I get iminent search engine on my computer? I was at a friends, opened a new browser Chrome (she had Firefox with many tabs open so I chose what I had at home). When I opened it all my bookmarks appeared & I became upset that I couldn't figure how to remove them from her computer without wiping them out on my computer at home so I left it.

When I got on my home pc, I found an unfamiliar "browser" that I had never seen on my computer but recalled it from my friends. I searched & discovered it to be "malware" & "hijacked" my browser? I think that's what I understood had happened. But can that happen as a result of opening Chrome at my friends house & via Chrome/bookmarks or whatever it became my default browser at home??

PLEASE NEED SOME HELP WITH THIS!!

:huh:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello and welcome.

Please see our Uninstall Guide to Iminent Toolbar (located on the Blog) :
http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-iminent-toolbar/

If you require further assistance, you can get assisted help here (located on the Forum) :
http://malwaretips.com/Forum-Help-my-PC-is-infected

Hope this helps.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.