Malbky sec config.

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Hmm probably yes. But kaspersky missed 150 viruses. But the funny point is all 150 viruses as per mbam have the same name. And it was the same previous virus which kis did not catch on the first pendrive. I think i just have paused before hitting repair in mbam. I could have sent it to kaspersky dor analysis.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
malbky said:
Has anyone tried Quickheal?. Should I use Quickheal

Really??

Malkby...do have any idea of OH?? Stick with KIS

:eek:fftopic: Do u know about net protector...since u are in india u must be seeing huge advertisements in newspapers...u know what it itself contains malware and is a really bad AV many people online call it as fake:eek:fftopic:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What slow downs are you experiencing, PC or web browsing issues?

Have you tried these combinations:

KIS2012 (using SafeRun + Anti-Banner), IE9 with Fanboy AdBlocking TPL
KIS2012 (using SafeRun + Anti-Banner) if compatible, Chrome with ABP

BZP + ZAL, Chrome or IE9 with extensions mentioned above.

I found Chrome to provide better protection against Exploits and Malicious downloads, than compared to AVG LinkScanner. As for AVG LinkScanners web page rating, you don't really need those useless you visited uncommon websites.

Theoretically, there could be an exploit here on MalwareTips unknowingly, even if AVG LinkScanner gives the green light on the website, and you're going to be saved by BZP or KIS, depending on which you're using.

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
No i just feel slight sluggishness with KIS in overall system. No web slowdowns and I am using chrome. Malwarekiller I know of netprotecter. Net protector is not a virus. Instead it uses a copied version of Mcafees command line scanner and has no realtime capabilities. Some local ISPS and shops sell net protector but after this expose by a newspapper it has stopped.
The best Indian AV company is Microworld. Another AV partially developed here is ESET. Even Comodo has Software developemnt offices.

And what do you mean by OH malwarekiller?

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Ok I have found one more news on wilders. IT dates to 2005 saying that Quickheal has no heuristics what so ever. So I wont be using it. Although now it does have hueristics and behavioral analysis but lacks the customization provided by other suites and has a weak firewall.

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
This is my new setup. What new software should I add for more security? Ignore my signature its outdated I will update it tommorrow as I am too sleepy right now.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Looks good, VIPRE is there to protect you.

What happened to BufferZone Pro? :)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I am not in a position for any suggestion because if I was you I have to change whole setup:
For example:
vista to win 7/8
opera to chrome/firefox
sas pro to mbam pro/free/hitman pro
vipre is to many others but if no other choice vipre is good if one agree to face some slow down in browsing speed.

Vipre+Sas is not the main reason of browsing slow down but its Vipre itself only which cause slow down of web browsing.

In india where you get average speed of 1-2 mbps only, you will defiantly notice web slow down.

D

Deleted member 178

I agree with Stranger in all points, i will personally exchange VIPRE + SAS for CIS + EAM (paid) :D

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Hmm ok. Oops made one mistake. I am Windows 7. I upgraded Vista 4-5 months back. So i will change that. MBAM does not look necesarry, as Vipre has MBAM's defs. Also the only other AV I have right now is Quickheal. What should I do. Keep your opinions coming.

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Avast also jas slowdowns. I found that the main cause of web slowdown is SAS Pro. Once I got it removed I am not getting any slowdowns. Probably its not compatible with Vipre. So sticking with it as I like it a lot.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why Windows 8 Pro 32-bit?

Curious, are you using a Local or Microsoft Account?

What made you decide to get WMC? It didn't seem that popular on previous Windows PCs, as most things can be done without WMC. It's one of the first features I disable.

Recommend to use the Picture Password.

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Using picture pss. I have connected to my Ms account. And also earth there was a promo in which MS was giving free licenses for Windows Media Center so grabbed and added one to get DVD playback on WMP.
My mom for example is comfy with WMP, so i needed to get them.
Also the upgrade assistant never asked me if i wanted 32 or 64bit and the download too was a 32bit installer.
So I seriously dunno why I got 32bit, may be I upgraded from 32bit Windows 7 thats why. And it does not affect me much as I have a 3gb Ram and wont be upgrading soon. Dont have a rocker powered PC.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.