Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Comprehensive and tight setup.
Just one thing, do you use ZAM's real time in the premium version? A local backup of system would be nice addition.And if possible you can add Vbox or VMware for malware sampling. Looks good. :)

Malfhas

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Comprehensive and tight setup.
Just one thing, do you use ZAM's real time in the premium version? A local backup of system would be nice addition.And if possible you can add Vbox or VMware for malware sampling. Looks good. :)

Thank you for your reply, I disabled the real time protection of ZAM.

For VMWare I'd think, thank you board.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
with comodo i think you have enough but you may change tencent to something more powefull (since you have comodo sandbox you can live with out any AV xD, however prevention is better than repair). As for URL blocking you may use Comodo DNS or Norton DNS they will add a non intrusive layer of protection in your router (for your whole devices) or your pc.
which adblocker are you using? i suggest ublock and for url blocking (via browser) bitdefender plugin is just nice :D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Malfhas, and thank you for sharing a very secure configuration!:)

If you are to choose between uBlock or uBlock Origin, it is the latter I prefer. Here's why:
As of May 2015, "uBlock Origin" continues to be actively developed and maintained by founder and lead developer Raymond Hill, but he has withdrawn his support for "uBlock".
source: uBlock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To block third party cookies in Chrome:
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    tgmsrPRh34tM4q0WYv7l-NNXDz7dqm7ftk8TyCEguoY30xkEg8lcw_ULI23ki9Q=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
    • Select the "Block third-party cookies and site data"
    • After this you'll see
      chrome_95647_blocked_cookie.gif
      in the address bar whenever a cookie has been blocked.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Great security config overall. However, I would like to make some notes.

Make sure you read the latest help guide for COMODO to make sure you are familiarized with COMODO's settings and security components.

Also consider VirtualBox for creating a virtual machine, in which you can test and download malware without accidentally infecting your actual system.

Unless you want to reformat at any major issue that arises in the operation of your system, I recommend you create a clean, full backup system image which allows you to restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created that system image.
I recommend Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition for this task.

Other than that, you're good to go! Thanks for sharing your config with us! :p

Malfhas

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Update configuration!

I'm unfortunately User Comodo (CIS), I am more disappointed by their political and their lack of work on certain points. The only thing that was making me use CIS was his Sandbox with Viroscope and Defense +

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Update configuration!

I'm unfortunately User Comodo (CIS), I am more disappointed by their political and their lack of work on certain points. The only thing that was making me use CIS was his Sandbox with Viroscope and Defense +
CIS sure has some glitches, and sometimes it takes determination to overlook them and to keep using it.
I hope the most important ones are going to be fixed in v9.

Kaspersky Internet Security is definitely an amazing combination with SecureAPlus though, this was an excellent update! :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.