Solved Malware, Adware, Spyware, pop-up ads and redirects

Kea718

New Member
My father downloaded a fake Flash from a site claiming he needed to update Flash on 3/16/2016 on Microsoft Edge. Since then Microsoft Edge is overrun by pop-up ads (many using something called DNSUnlocker). I used this link: Remove pop-up ads from Microsoft Edge browser (Guide) and followed every step and repeated the process multiple times, however, nothing I've done has fixed the problem. I don't know what else to do at this point. I've attached the logs requested but I can attach the logs from all the other scans I did if you need them. Please help. Thank you.
 

Attachments

FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.

    2873ryc.png

  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach report into your next reply.
 
51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop.
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

  • Right-click on
    51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
  • In the main box please paste in the following script:
    Code:
    createsrpoint;
    autoclean;
    emptyclsid;
    emptyalltemp;
    ipconfig /flushdns >>"%temp%\log.txt";b
  • Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.
  • Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.
  • When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.
  • If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Upload it in your next reply.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top