Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
This thread does not need to be closed,it is fine :) Im just saying some took it a bit too far in places it shouldn't have been.That has been taken care of though.

I respect you a lot though and I hope that you know that. I can always depend on your honesty and one thing you made me do is take a long hard look at how I had been posting recently. I've let myself get carried away and I've ended up acting so self important and honestly, I realise that, I will admit that and I can't allow it to continue, it's against the spirit of MalwareTips, that inclusiveness and the feeling of equalness, every member here should be treated with the same amount of respect as the next.

I'm going to take a few days away from the forum, without visiting so as I can clear my head and when I come back, I will re-read the rules, the guidelines etc. I have honestly never felt more welcomed on any forum I've joined and the way I've been acting, I feel like I've just thrown that back in every one of your faces. I hope that you will all accept my most sincere apologies, there are a few of you I need to write to personally for I have broken your trust badly, and I will do that in private but to every member of MalwareTips I am truly sorry.

Reactions: Dani Santos

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
I respect you a lot though and I hope that you know that. I can always depend on your honesty and one thing you made me do is take a long hard look at how I had been posting recently. I've let myself get carried away and I've ended up acting so self important and honestly, I realise that, I will admit that and I can't allow it to continue, it's against the spirit of MalwareTips, that inclusiveness and the feeling of equalness, every member here should be treated with the same amount of respect as the next.

I'm going to take a few days away from the forum, without visiting so as I can clear my head and when I come back, I will re-read the rules, the guidelines etc. I have honestly never felt more welcomed on any forum I've joined and the way I've been acting, I feel like I've just thrown that back in every one of your faces. I hope that you will all accept my most sincere apologies, there are a few of you I need to write to personally for I have broken your trust badly, and I will do that in private but to every member of MalwareTips I am truly sorry.
You are not alone, I have too bought almost every thread off-topic. Unfortunately, I've gone off-topic most of the times without even realizing I am not on-topic. I am too, guys, sorry.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

You have not done anything wrong.Like I said the main problem has been alleviated.Sometimes its hard not being sucked in when certain members choose to rock the boat but that just gives the problem member more fuel for the fire.If everyone ignored them they would soon grow tired or a staff member will ban them.My post was simply a personal(not as a staff member) view on the actions of some.Like I said I did not mean everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.