Malware Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2012
The Malware Hub has ten pages of malware packs and samples a lot dating back to the end of January. Although the likelihood of Antivirus Vendors detected the samples already are highly likely and the packs and samples may already be deleted. And in some cases the OP has not returned to reupload.

I figured that having something like the News Archive in Malware Hub would be a good idea to keep from requests of reupload.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Good idea. Keeps everything nice and neat.

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
The Idea is ok but, many samples on sites like zippyshare or mediafire get taken down or removed ,
+ in a few years from now all you will have is a lot of old samples , and that's not counting what is deleted or taken down ,,
Archiving the samples and keeping them all can only work if they are all stored long term on the same place,

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
So everyone is 'good' with this forum right? I can go ahead and create the forum? :p

KLMALWAREHUNTER

Level 3
Oct 20, 2012
We think that the forum of collections and packs must have a restrictions. For example not all users can download the samples.

The forum of Virus Exchanges can be continue public. We think this :)

Take care.

P

Plexx

KLMALWAREHUNTER said:
We think that the forum of collections and packs must have a restrictions. For example not all users can download the samples.

The forum of Virus Exchanges can be continue public. We think this :)

Take care.

How and who will be able to download the samples in this case?

Although it is a good idea, by restricting certain samples etc would require defining a specific group of member and so forth for such restrictions.

Either case, download links eventually expire. Instead we could have a "clean up" on the existing section.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Ok guys,I've created this forum as it really looks like it's need it. However I never liked the idea of restricting content on MalwareTips.......
I do believe that everyone should get free access if they want to... Just because a user does get itself involved in other talks doesn't mean he should be able to have access to some interesting samples.

Anyway here is the sub forum: http://malwaretips.com/Forum-Malware-Archive

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
@InternetChicken
Malware Archive is forum with dead or expired links, so download links aren't needed

Malware Maniac

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2012
Like MalwareCenter said the archive would be filled with dead links.
The idea came when xxcrackerxx (now banned) reactivated this thread and the OP has not returned (1), the link was dead (2), and the samples were old (3). The main idea is to prevent requests of re-upload and to have people know the samples and detection ratings are old.

BTW Jack you may want to fix this [attachment=2669]
The links are not in the first post or the thread the "Malicious Domain(s): (link)" is not shown.

Attachments

• M-A.PNG
    M-A.PNG
    7.9 KB · Views: 602
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.