Malware ask.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff6500

Thread author
Jul 13, 2013
Hey gang, newbee here. Have a problem with Ask.com. It apparently loaded into my system from Java. If I bring up IE it shows the search engine as ask.com.
When onto the internet via google and followed up all the removal tools suggested by this site including ADW, Hitman, Junkwareremovaltool, malwarebytes, last by least Housecall. Each time the program completes and reboots. A bunch of stuff is removed each time, all different, but each Time I bring up IE, there is the ask search engine. I've even tried to remove it and replace it with google in tools. I will let me make the change, but if I close it, and restart it, it comes right back. It cant be found in programs or anywhere else.
Any ideas?[/size][/font]

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Hello and welcome to our forum.
We have a removal guide posted here- http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-ask-toolbar-and-search/

If you need further assistance please post a thread in our Malware Removal Assistance forum.

Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.