App Review Malware bypass Comodo Firewall @ CS settings

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
can you try again with cloud lookup disable?

Like this?

1.png

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I restore virtual machine, don't worry :)
With Cloud disabled HIPS pop-up and Allow that, file is in sandbox

View attachment 148095View attachment 148096 View attachment 148097
thank you for the test.
now without cloud lookup, almost all malwares won't be able to bypass

however, the rate of safe files being sandboxed will be crazy. When I disabled cloud lookup, I went mad because everything was sandboxed

no need for HIPS. Disabling Cloud is already a pain

D

Deleted member 178

I tried HIPS paraniod. First i had it in trainig mode for like 4 days. Then switched to paranoid.
Result after reboot: the system was super slow, the programmes couldnt start and even Comodo couldnt start.
Why @Umbra ?
I can't tell, HIPS must be tailored to your system and each details verified, those settings (especially paranoid modes) can't be barely copy-pasted. Maybe you had other security soft interfering, on my setup you can see my other security softs are excluded in many places.
It is why i keep saying, Comodo isn't and will never be for beginners and even average users may have hard time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Av Gurus

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Is it possible that the file is Trusted because it is placed on a Virtual PC from a disk from the Host PC?

Reactions: AtlBo and Rengar

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.