Malware detection rate in last 15 days

Dashke

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 3, 2012
I had some free time so I made this chart -

PSkeC.png

Sorry if I forgot someone. :/
Data has been taken from Virus Exchange threads.

P.S. I am willing to make this kind of chart every month, so we can make our own detection rate tests. :)

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
wow this one is really helpful !! great work :D
I wonder why pcmag gave webroot those high level rating :p

D

Deleted member 178

quite similar as what we saw on our malware hub, good job ^^

D

Deleted member 178

different members tested their products and post them on the hub, your results are almost similar so it is done properly, feel free to do it every time you want, so we can have a whole view ;)

Dashke

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 3, 2012
Only you were precise and tested CIS and Emsisoft every time, that's why their results are most accurate. :)

D

Deleted member 178

oh ok i thought you have done all test by yourself :lolz: i didn't pay attention to the members' names ^^

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
@Dashke
any idea how old database they use in Free version of Agnitum???? 1 week/ 1 month or what???

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Great job on it, but once again people leave out Trend...

D

Deleted member 178

McLovin said:
Great job on it, but once again people leave out Trend...

:lolz: but i see PCAV & Comodo... :whistle:

did you tested Trend since the past 15 days?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
did you tested Trend since the past 15 days?

Ahh, Yeah, I see what he's done and no, ha don't know about anyone else.

Dashke

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 3, 2012
Sorry McLovin, I forgot to add TrendMicro because of low detection. :/

P

Plexx

I haven't tested much lately but that is also because half of the images with the security suites I had were deleted upon a spring cleaning operation I did (I should stop renaming them as Clone of clone........)

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
correction: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Malware-Pack-154-malware-samples

Please update avast result...there was a lag as definations came out late for avast... the score is 150/154

thanks!

P

Plexx

Shibu said:
correction: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Malware-Pack-154-malware-samples

Please update avast result...there was a lag as definations came out late for avast... the score is 150/154

thanks!

Funny how you spot the post result of Malwarekiller.

The initial detection rate was done on the 12th of July. the 2nd lot was on the 13th.

I believe we should consider the date it was scanned so I do not think the chart needs to be updated. Otherwise every single user will scan again a few days later and will automatically have better results.

D

Deleted member 178

And i think, the chart should only take the result of a product at max 24h after the malware pack was released on the Hub, if after the result should be considered as void.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.