Expired Malware Hunter Pro Promotion 1 year free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Is this security program good?

• Is this security program good?

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Do you not like this security program?

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Comes a new program from the same creators of glary utilities is called Glarysoft Malware Hunter Pro more 2017 new specialized software look for viruses and remove all kinds quickly with just a click and thus maintain our computer clean of different malware, this antivirus software can download you in the Portable and installable version as well as be multilanguage includes Spanish looking features, description and images from Glarysoft Malware Hunter Pro, I hope will be useful be sure to see the programs PC Antivirus category.

Description of the program
As its name suggests, Glarysoft Malware Hunter Pro is designed to find and remove potentially hazardous to your computer files and components, keeping it free of viruses and other types of threats.
quick, complete and custom analysis
Upon release, you are greeted by a simple interface with clear and accessible options. Glarysoft Malware Hunter Pro does not supervise your computer in real time, but does not allow to carry out quick, complete or custom analysis. Therefore, it can be used to analyze certain places or files that you suspect are infected.
Depending on the option and the size of the

cookinpro

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
This Glarysoft giveaway of Malware Hunter Pro forces you to install Software Update Pro in order to install Malware Hunter Pro
Of course, you can always uninstall Software Update Pro
Though personally, I do not like these kind of tactics.

Last edited:

Sephiroth Source

Level 2
Verified
Jul 13, 2015
I installed the application here without the Software Update, just click on accepted below to continue installation without selecting the check box of the other application.

Reactions: Buntydee

Sephiroth Source

Level 2
Verified
Jul 13, 2015
I tested it with a folder containing 8 samples from day 23, with 7 malicious codes and 1 false positive and the program did not detect 1 virus, ie only use if you intend to download Avira settings (which are great) Otherwise the program is just another cleanser because Glarysoft online settings are useless. PS. EEK detected the 7 samples as well as the ZAM. Qihoo and HP detected 5 and NPE detected 2. As I already have Avira definitions in Qihoo 360 the program is not for me.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Glarysoft are well known for their very popular (but unremarkable - in my opinion) system utility suite Glary Utilities.

I think the Disk Explorer module on Glary Utilities is great. It's my go-to program when I need to find out why used space on a drive is swelling. I think Glary Utilties is probably in or at least near the top five of those toolbox programs.

I tested it with a folder containing 8 samples from day 23, with 7 malicious codes and 1 false positive and the program did not detect 1 virus, ie only use if you intend to download Avira settings (which are great) Otherwise the program is just another cleanser because Glarysoft online settings are useless. PS... As I already have Avira definitions in Qihoo 360 the program is not for me.

I suppose you could make the case that this is useful as a way to get the Avira engine as an on-demand scanner without having to uninstall your existing AV, as you would have to if you install Avira or Qihoo 360.

I tested it with a folder containing 8 samples from day 23, with 7 malicious codes and 1 false positive...Qihoo and HP detected 5 and NPE detected 2. .

What's NPE?

From Wilder's thread:

It is stated at that thread that the Pro version can be run realtime after all, and that it is able to run alongside an antivirus. Note that the Glary homepage currently gives no indication of there any longer being a free version.

I want to know if it allows you to configure it to ask the user before removing things. I don't want some program that nukes all its false positives.

Last edited:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
What's NPE?
Norton Power Eraser, an on-demand scanner--cum--suspicious files hunter.
It's a favourite of testers and it helps detect and remove deep, unknown, risky files and directories, misconfigurations by malware etc. and also send those files to Symantec for quick online scan.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
If you read on the Glarysoft web page, Malware Hunter provides:

"Automatic updates provides real-time protection so that your PC is always up to date and secure."

This is quite misleading.

I think that unfortunately, if people do not read elsewhere, this software can generate a false sense of security seeing that it doesn't provide real time protection.
How many people could install MH and forget about it?

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Norton Power Eraser, an on-demand scanner--cum--suspicious files hunter.
It's a favourite of testers and it helps detect and remove deep, unknown, risky files and directories, misconfigurations by malware etc. and also send those files to Symantec for quick online scan.

Thanks. It looks to me like Power Eraser does allow user discretion before removing things. I may use it shortly.

Reactions: Buntydee and Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
If you read on the Glarysoft web page, Malware Hunter provides:

"Automatic updates provides real-time protection so that your PC is always up to date and secure."

This is quite misleading.

I think that unfortunately, if people do not read elsewhere, this software can generate a false sense of security seeing that it doesn't provide real time protection.
How many people could install MH and forget about it?
True! I just checked that, and the software. However, it does have RT protection with option to download Avira engine.. a scaled down version of Qihoo it looks like.
And it's a big blend (or a copy) of 360 TS's UI and provisions and also a bit of IOBit. Almost every option reminds me of 360.
For me, Qihoo with RT disabled never interfered with another AV active in system (when I tried that). If one wants more lightness, he/she can go for MH for on-demand with Avira enabled.
Screenshot (387).png Screenshot (386).pngScreenshot (389).png

Last edited:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Thanks. It looks to me like Power Eraser does allow user discretion before removing things. I may use it shortly.
Caution is needed with NPE though. It flags some safe and well known files/apps as unsafe, since it follows an aggressive scan principle.
Eg. Xvirus anti-malware, OkayFreedom VPN, Kerish Doctor, HMP driver.sys etc. are reported as unsafe. However, it is great at detecting unwanted (rogue, malicious and suspicious) things, care needed.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Caution is needed with NPE though. It flags some safe and well known files/apps as unsafe, since it follows an aggressive scan principle.
Eg. Xvirus anti-malware, OkayFreedom VPN, Kerish Doctor, HMP driver.sys etc. are reported as unsafe. However, it is great at detecting unwanted (rogue, malicious and suspicious) things, care needed.

Such caution is automatic with me because I don't trust ANY program not to hit me with false positives.

It turns out there is still a free version of Malware Hunter according to the website:

RI9cSO.png

I've installed it and confirmed that it has realtime capability in the Pro version and so can serve as a companion antivirus:
VVeuK3.png

As you can see, Malware Hunter does allow one to choose user discretion on detections in place of robo-deletion.

"Protect processes from unwanted"--unwanted what? The mainland Chinese have traditionally had a poor command of English. I believe that is why their English language websites usually say very little about their products. (Fortunately Ease US and AOMEI are not so.) Chinese companies, hire a Brit or an American to do your English language website!

K7qr35.png

As you see, Avira engine is disabled by default. In fact there is no Avira in Malware Hunter free version or in Malware Hunter as relegated to only on-demand usage. In view of Sephiroth Source's findings (#8 above), there is no reason to use Malware Hunter except in its realtime mode.

I'm going to give it a try for a while. It has a Glarysoft USB Drive Protection icon running in the tray in addition to the Malware Hunter icon.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Thanks

Can someone tell me if its a on demand scanner or Realtime + on demand ?

And which engines does it use?

Sorry missed the above post

The free version is an on-demand scanner. The pro version is realtime + on demand if realtime is enabled. It has the Glarysoft engine, which Sephiroth Source says performed poorly (#8 above), and ,if enabled, the Pro version has the Avira engine as well.

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
I tested it with a folder containing 8 samples from day 23, with 7 malicious codes and 1 false positive and the program did not detect 1 virus, ie only use if you intend to download Avira settings (which are great) Otherwise the program is just another cleanser because Glarysoft online settings are useless. PS. EEK detected the 7 samples as well as the ZAM. Qihoo and HP detected 5 and NPE detected 2. As I already have Avira definitions in Qihoo 360 the program is not for me.
Most of these type applications are designed to clean up after infection and their strength lies there. While they can be horrible at static detection, once the malware is running and lose on the system you may see very different results, this applies to all on demands. Performing scans on an inert file with them is kind of pointless.

Reactions: Sephiroth Source

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.