- Content source
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyudJitdHg4
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
That's true; no one on MT is using or paying for AV after invention of ComodoBear malware prowls with sneaky flair,
Comodo's containment is always there.
In cybersecurity, the battle's clear,
Only Comodo fights off every fear.
Now MalwareTips users... don't you dare,
Comodo keeps you safe from all malware!![]()
Actually Comodo acts as a side VM; you can install VM to do what Comodo do.I don't understand why you would sandbox something which is not trusted in the first place? Would blocking it be more rational?
I don't understand why you would sandbox something which is not trusted in the first place? Would blocking it be more rational?
Containment helps advanced users; these users evaluate and run files outside of it. Containment is not for average users; they don't examine or understand how it works. I used the "block" option for years on our kids' systems. I also used it on my system occasionally. It caused no issues. Block can prevent some threats (acting as anti-exe or pre-execution) that other containment levels may miss, as happened in a MalwareTips proof of concept, if I recall correctly.I don't understand why you would sandbox something which is not trusted in the first place? Would blocking it be more rational?
But alerting for every single exe running is annoying (not allow rules as with default-deny app control); some exe name will change with updates, firing more alerts.Containment helps advanced users; these users evaluate and run files outside of it. Containment is not for average users; they don't examine or understand how it works. I used the "block" option for years on our kids' systems. I also used it on my system occasionally. It caused no issues. Block can prevent some threats (acting as anti-exe or pre-execution) that other containment levels may miss, as happened in a MalwareTips proof of concept, if I recall correctly.
But alerting for every single exe running is annoying (not allow rules as with default-deny app control); some exe name will change with updates, firing more alerts.
It's more like WDAC/SAC but with virtualization-based containment, and less robust cloud lookup (much less user base compared to MD, K, or even B).There is no big difference compared to other default-deny solutions.
However, many file types cannot be selectively allowed/blocked as is possible in SRP, so some LOLBins have to be restricted. This makes the management more complex.
It's more like WDAC/SAC but with virtualization-based containment, and less robust cloud lookup (much less user base compared to MD, K, or even B).
Melih be like... "You know nothing, Jon Snow!"But alerting for every single exe running is annoying (not allow rules as with default-deny app control); some exe name will change with updates, firing more alerts.
Comodo may be a good FW for average user, no more.
No.Would ESET with HIPS set to alert also alert the user and prevent the creation of the scheduler?
I would like to ask him about Comodo market shareMelih be like... "You know nothing, Jon Snow!"![]()
Comodo Ambiguous Security (CAS)Comodo cannot be easily classified
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes