AV-Comparatives Malware Protection Test September 2022

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Wow I had to stop halfway through reading that test report because my cardiologist placed me on a low salt diet and the amount of grains of salt I needed to take with me in order to finish the report was beyond my daily limit.
Although, I really like the new method of testing online vs offline detection numbers, that is a nice step forward. The offline tells us of the native AV capabilities and the online shows their "cloud" analytics which is nice. Offline is necessary since not everyone is online all the time (sure if you are a home user then you are most likely 100% online). My best example of offline scenario is over air business trip. You and your co-worker have decided to finalize a powerpoint presentation whilst flying to your business meeting. You are 30k feet up in the air, the internet connection is something to be desired or non-existent, suddenly your co-worker wants to share a file with you so he/she gives you their USB stick......

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.