Malware Security's Config

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Add CCleaner Portable for privacy software, and enabling Secure file deletion to 1 pass is enough for home use, without consuming time.

Maybe consider HitmanPro Alert, if compatible with Norton 2015.

Unchecky as optional extra, although if you don't install many software then take a pass.

Last edited:

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
I thought you are using G-Data......
Norton is very good as long as you are connected to the internet.

I was but then I realized that I really don't need G DATA because I don't do hardcore stuff on the computer and I know what I am doing when it comes to downloading and surfing the web.

The reason norton was the winner because they had a better deal, 5 PC's $50 and honestly I never saw myself using norton because I was one of those people saying that norton is overrated, but then I left eset and joined norton because this year they did a great job in my review and 4 of my private tests.

and honestly, if god forbid I get infected and my internet goes out, it's really no big deal because I know how to clean infected PC's.lol

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
First person i see without being infected by any virus when using norton, congrats! xD

I Just switched to norton this month because I have been using eset for 4 years and the only reason I switched is because when it comes to antivirus's, I really don't feel like spending $60 a year for one PC and I really don't need the best protection because I know what I am doing when it comes to surfing the net and I really don't do hardcore stuff on the internet. Norton did a great job in my review and they had a good deal, 5 PC's for $50.

Eset will always be my favorite, but when it comes to money...well you know!lol

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you, Malware Security, for sharing your enlightened & very uncomplicated secure configuration.
It's like rediscovering the purity of the country when all that many can see are the lights, buildings, and cars. This is an example to many whom risk losing touch with appreciating what they really have, and how to call an apple an apple!:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Fine configuration

Norton product does really good job especially on online threats so its not possible to be infected especially user awareness level. :)

Reactions: Sr. Normal
S

Sr. Normal

I would suggest adding PrivaZer , a second browser and Lastpass extension.

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
I would suggest to make a system backup image, if you damage your system you can always restore it from backup image and it is much faster then clean install from CD.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
I would suggest to make a system backup image, if you damage your system you can always restore it from backup image and it is much faster then clean install from CD.

I would rather do a clean install because I like to start fresh and last time when I needed to start fresh, it only took me like 30 min!lol
I don't have a lot of softwares anyways and the only thing I like to save from my pc is my files which are on the usb.

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
I would rather do a clean install because I like to start fresh and last time when I needed to start fresh, it only took me like 30 min!lol
I don't have a lot of softwares anyways and the only thing I like to save from my pc is my files which are on the usb.

It takes 7 min to restore my system from image and I don't need to do software installation and configuration + most of windows updates already installed so system image backup is a must have.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.