Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Wooow, great idea :D
I hope that it works.

C and C++ should do for a light antivirus.
Yeah but there are not many people that understand those languages here i think. And you can import c and c++ dlls in .net like malware bytes did in their earlier versions

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
There are some useful Youtube video's in making hash based AV programs that work pretty well with a bit of additional coding.
However imo most of them are in one way or another based upon Drweb opensource and so is its hash gathering technique.

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Lot of anti-malware/antivirus projects on MalwareTips, good to hear that :)

About MalwareTips antivirus, it's a good idea, you can use github or other things like that to allow everyone add comments about new changes that can be done.

Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
First we need admin aproval and to decide the programing language that we will use

D

Deleted member 21043

If you want to create a Anti-malware like Xvirus or Tiranium, then go for VB.NET or C#.
If you are looking for something which can offer a lot more than the .NET framework, if you are willing to go further, use Assembly/C/C++ or even Python which n.vt suggested.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
If you want to create a Anti-malware like Xvirus or Tiranium, then go for VB.NET or C#.
If you are looking for something which can offer a lot more than the .NET framework, if you are willing to go further, use Assembly/C/C++ or even Python which n.vt suggested.

Well the company i work for has made some Python tools and i am personally VERY impressed about the end result and its capabilities yet it ain't easy but with a bit of community effort i think it can go a long way.

D

Deleted member 21043

Well the company i work for has made some Python tools and i am personally VERY impressed about the end result and its capabilities yet it ain't easy but with a bit of community effort i think it can go a long way.
I thought you owned FMA Intel-Secure?!?!

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I might be able to program a signature-only antivirus using ClamXav but creating a full-featured antivirus from scratch would b e almost impossible for me, unless you can say that a program window saying "System Not Protected, This is just a message, not an AV" in python is an antivirus

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Maybe we should do a poll to decide this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.