Advice Request Malwarebytes 3.0 uses A LOT of CPU, RAM and slows down my computers. How about you?

• Thread starter RoadRashWolfenstein
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

How does Malwarebytes 3.0 (with real time protection enabled) impact your PC's performance ?

• A lot, i had to uninstall it.

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • A lot, i disabled some features.

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • It has some impact but it's acceptable.

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • No problem here, it's light as a feather !

Votes: 11 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HowardEngland

Level 1
Verified
Dec 23, 2016
I voted some impact but acceptable; i can not do without it, it is working with my Bitdefender total protection like a charm:)

I have experienced some teething problems with MBAM 3 since installation. However I am sticking with it as there are workarounds for some of the issues discussed in the MBAM forum.

Web Protection, Exploit Protection, Malware Protection, and Ransomeware Protection, are all combined in this version. That may account for some extra memory usage. This Company has progressed well over the years. I have no doubt that all issues will be resolved in time by the active Admin team there. Hopefully soon:)

Last edited:
B

beetal2015

Thread author
I have experienced some teething problems with MBAM 3 since installation. However I am sticking with it as there are workarounds for some of the issues discussed in the MBAM forum.

Web Protection, Exploit Protection, Malware Protection, and Ransomeware Protection, are all combined in this version. That may account for some extra memory usage. This Company has progressed well over the years. I have no doubt that all issues will be resolved in time by the active Admin team there. Hopefully soon:)
You rightly pointed out that all Web Protection, Exploit Protection, Malware Protection, and Ransomeware Protection, are all combined in this version.
Which is really heavy on CPU resources.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
It is true that it uses a lot of RAM and causes occasional slowdowns, but it is manageable most of the time. The product is new and it's a new concept they've come forward with,i think it's understandable.They should come with a fix sooner or later to address the high resource usage issue.

In terms of protection, i think it's a very good product. I work daily with emails and USBs, and so far it did a great job protecting my work PC, with two Ransomwares blocked, hidden behind PDFs files, and several Trojans.Personally i like it, i hope it will get better in a few weeks or months.:)

jAcos

Level 2
Verified
Aug 9, 2016
If have Malwarebytes AntiExploit Premium do me need to have Exploit setting "on"..?

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Had a lot of issues with it performance wise. I don't like it but its what it is. Having it uninstalled for now left it for know and use Zemana.

Reactions: Polygon and ng4ever

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
This is a new rebuild of Malwarebytes a total reconstructing so patience is going to be required.
They didn't get to where they are on accident, it took a lot of work and dedication.
I think they will figure this out and get back on track, they know whats at stake here. ;)

Last edited:

ng4ever

Level 16
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
This is a new rebuild of Malwarebytes a totla reconstructing so patience is going to be required.
They didn't get to where they are on accident, it took a lot of work and dedication.
I think they will figure this out and get back on track, they know whats at stake here. ;)

I agree.

K

KGBagent47

Thread author
A secondary security option should NEVER store it's signatures in access memory. But I'm psychotic about RAM, I resented the 20 to 30 MB VoodooShield was using. Malwarebytes needs to be cloud based since they're really not an adequate primary (IMO).

Reactions: RoadRashWolfenstein
F

ForgottenSeer 55778

Thread author
What's so good about Emisoft out of curiosity?

Great BB, great signatures (Bitdefender, Emsisoft for PUP), great firewall, interactive, light, and good privacy policy, just to name a few reasons.

griven

Jan 13, 2017
same problem with malwarebytes 3:05where i can download the version 2.2.1 in 1043 from a secure site?malwarebytes on the official website there is only 3.05 ....can someone help me? I want to go back to the old version does not resolve until

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.