Advice Request Malwarebytes 3.0 uses A LOT of CPU, RAM and slows down my computers. How about you?

• Thread starter RoadRashWolfenstein
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

How does Malwarebytes 3.0 (with real time protection enabled) impact your PC's performance ?

• A lot, i had to uninstall it.

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • A lot, i disabled some features.

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • It has some impact but it's acceptable.

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • No problem here, it's light as a feather !

Votes: 11 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've experienced to used MBAM way back before, yes the RAM usage may consume little high but does not slow down much.

However some instances that it takes little longer on startup due to realtime engine module.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello
I was very disappointed with MB3 and its many issues, but now I think that the majority of the problems are solved.
I try to install again MB3 and the latest version 3.0.6 CU4 run only fine and smoothly on my PCs:)
And I did not have any conflict with Bitdefender.
MB.PNG

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Hello
I was very disappointed with MB3 and its many issues, but now I think that the majority of the problems are solved.
I try to install again MB3 and the latest version 3.0.6 CU4 run only fine and smoothly on my PCs:)
And I did not have any conflict with Bitdefender.
View attachment 145860
Tried it yesterday.And it's true, resource management is better and lighter on the system. Also real time shields failing to start at times have been fixed i think.:)

Reactions: frogboy and JB007

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
The last beta version is much faster and stable than the initial release, but my machine seems to be slow and less responsive than when I use Kaspersky Internet Security, so MBAM 3 in real time protection is a no no for me.

It is a shame because I like it (mainly the web protection + PUA detection + anti exploit).

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Yeah I have noticed it does slow down my laptop a lot. I have a lifetime license and I don't even use it cause the slowdowns are just insane. The web blocker is great but isn't worth the slowdown. I like the PUP detection a lot but other than that the detection is quite poor. If it was lighter I would add it to my config but it just slows everything down so much.

Andi.HR

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
Well...I like it despite of big footprint on the RAM but it does not slows down my computer!
Many time a web protection module was help me and some PUP and PUM was block so why not to have it?

Attachments

• All modules ON.png
    All modules ON.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 465
  • Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    20 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Its an age old problem that will never go away.
They have known about it for a couple of years but fail to sort the issue.
thats one of the reasons i no longer use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.