Battle Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit vs HitmanPro Alert vs Exploit Guard in Windows 10.

Compare list
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit 1.13.1.146 (Beta)
HitmanPro Alert 3.8.1.863
Exploit Guard in Windows 10
In-depth Comparison

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Which protection against exploits is most preferable? Which program better protects against zero-day threats?
Preferable to who?
To most people, MBAM because it has few options where people would mess around.
To above average users, HMPA, it is more complete and tweakable than MBAE but it's system impact is higher and if tightened it often end up messing/conflicting with the OS.
And for skilled user, Windows Exploit Protection is preferred, fully integrated, no impact on the system, and customizable for each processes. Obviously it has to be tweaked by the user since it us a built-in feature, it can't be tighten by default or it will cripple systems.

About protection their base mechanism is the same, they all use the same mechanism introduced from Windows EMET, the only differences are added features like in HMPA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Preferable to who?
Preferred in terms of protection against zero-day threats, for example :)
About protection their base mechanism is the same, they all use the same mechanism introduced from Windows EMET, the only differences are added features like in HMPA.
Then there is not much difference, it turns out in terms of protection from unknown exploits.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I acquired a long licence for HMP.A, doesn't cause any issues though it did a while ago, now fit & forget, resource usage seems minimal & difficult to tell its running - When it expires will be unlikely to renew & use a free alternative - If of course I expire first problem sorted :rolleyes:

Sampei Nihira

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2019
You said that your MBAE settings are not by default. Share screenshots of your advanced settings?

OK, but keep in mind that it suits my needs.
In fact here is the version I use:

299.JPG

And the rule in the Host file to avoid updates:

350.JPG
300.JPG300a.JPG300b.JPG

No Java Rules selected .

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Thanks. I understand that you have the latest stable version of MBAE as a separate independent program. I wonder why, by default, in the settings the checkmarks from the RET ROP protection item are completely unchecked? You have checked all the checkboxes at this point. No problems?

OK, but keep in mind that it suits my needs.
Thanks. I understand that you have the latest stable version of MBAE as a separate independent program. I wonder why, by default, in the settings the checkmarks from the RET ROP protection item are completely unchecked? You have checked all the checkboxes at this point. No problems?

Sampei Nihira

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2019
The premium version of MBAE I use is the most suitable version for Windows XP - POS Ready 2009.
My OS is 32 bit.;)

The latest build is this:

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Seems like poor results except Sophos,There not the sponsor are they?lol, any explanation why such mediocrity ? Also is testing for windows 7 still relevant ?

Reactions: Protomartyr

Sampei Nihira

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2019
Seems like poor results except Sophos,There not the sponsor are they?lol, any explanation why such mediocrity ? Also is testing for windows 7 still relevant ?

You are right. ;) (y)
Even their 2015 test I remember raised many concerns.
2 versions of HPA tested and the latest one after the failed tests were repaired.
MBAE was also in the same condition there were more updated builds than the test ones.
But they weren't tested.
For that I asked:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.