makes system too slow
BOTTOM LINE
New version loads very slowly

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Has any one tried the new version. On my system is takes hell lot of time to boot. Refer to the screen shot. Plan to uninstall it.

Capture.PNG

CapeBuffalo

Level 2
Verified
May 12, 2014
The main problem i have with it is the high cpu usage, even for the mobile version
high cpu and high ram has never changed

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Yes, I can confirm what Tailhey stated, BitDefender wallet mostly cause boot slow down issues, even worse..got black screen about 5-10 seconds before able boot to windows on my GF's PC. If only there is a way do disable the wallet without causing any issues, it would be great :)

Alternative solution : if you think MBAM caused your issue, then disable it from start up I think it might be a good idea, then just launch it manually once your PC ready :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What's start-up time/delay of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x Premium on a clean install of Windows 8.1 or 7 SP1?

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
yes. i agree with you in this case BDTS >< New MBAM conflict...cause the issue
i suggest switch to BDIS is good enough mate with MBAM...

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Yes, I can confirm what Tailhey stated, BitDefender wallet mostly cause boot slow down issues, even worse..got black screen about 5-10 seconds before able boot to windows on my GF's PC. If only there is a way do disable the wallet without causing any issues, it would be great :)

Alternative solution : if you think MBAM caused your issue, then disable it from start up I think it might be a good idea, then just launch it manually once your PC ready :)
Seriously, wallet is a irritating component which cannot be disabled. Even if we disable or delay it, it again start on a system boot.

yes. i agree with you in this case BDTS >< New MBAM conflict...cause the issue
i suggest switch to BDIS is good enough mate with MBAM...
But friend, there was no issue before the update. This delay is happening only after the update. Not sure!!!

What's start-up time/delay of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x Premium on a clean install of Windows 8.1 or 7 SP1?
On my system it varies from 92.6 sec to 108 sec. horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Seriously, wallet is a irritating component which cannot be disabled. Even if we disable or delay it, it again start on a system boot.

Haha, I still remember when the last time I delay it, it caused BSOD o_O
I think BD at least should give user any option to install which component did user want rather than full installation without any option?
although I'm not sure if they already do that on the current version.

I have no idea about this, I'm a bit curious too :)
Any fellow already test this?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
BitDefender is known to conflict with other security products, so it might be best to use another AV if your want to use MBAM in real-time.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: Rahadian Putra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.