Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.00 Beta Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashke

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 3, 2012
Marcin (RubbeR DuckY) -

I am overjoyed to announce the first public beta of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0. I know you've been waiting a very long time for this and so have we! The purpose of this beta is to get feedback from the people we care most about -- our users!

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 ships with a completely redesigned user interface to make the product easier to use, more informative, and provide quicker access to key functionality.We have built in and improved our Anti-Rootkit and Chameleon self-protection technologies that have been in beta for the past year. Additionally, we've rewritten Malicious Website Blocking and improved native x64 support. Most importantly, our detection and removal engine was significantly improved under the hood and kicks even more malware butt! This is the biggest rewrite we have ever undertaken, and we hope you’re thrilled with the result.

With the launch of 2.0, we'll also be moving to a subscription licensing model, $24.95 per year. As more and more people have come to rely on us for malware protection and cleanup, our costs in bandwidth, hosting fees, infrastructure, salaries of our researchers, QA department, and more have grown immensely. Though our company is about more than just making money, we are a company and we do have to make money to pay our staff to continue doing what they love, which is fighting malware. The subscription model will help us to be sustainable for the future while staying true to our roots that we will always make malware cleanup free for everyone.

We will continue to honor existing lifetime licenses, meaning any users that already have a lifetime license for 1.x will continue to have a lifetime license for 2.x. We'll be offering a few thousand more lifetime licenses during launch as well. On top of all of that, new subscription licenses will be valid for 3 PCs, not just 1.

We could have gone other routes to make our business more financially sustainable, like adding toolbars or advertisements like many other security products have, but that's not the company we are. We believe that products should be nag-free and cleanup shouldn't cost our users a dime, and we're going to stay true to that.

Link

Hurrah! :D

3l2uqdP.png

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.00 Beta Test -- KNOWN ISSUES

Greetings
smile.png

The following are the known issues for the first MBAM 2.0 Beta:
  • You should uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 first and reboot prior to installing the 2.0 beta if running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO or the free Trial. You do not need to run mbam-clean.exe.
  • English is the only language available at this time. Additional languages will be available for release.
Direct quote from here

Reactions: Dashke

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I am using it for a month, no problems, only problem is high processor usage when switching between users...

Dashke

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 3, 2012
This is just a temporary license until we release the final version. But maybe I am wrong. :)

I

illumination

I will wait to test, but will say the GUI is looking good.. Im wondering if they will be updating Techbench when the final comes or if the whole unit will need replaced, as they do not give you access to the portable version downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.