Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Hello everyone--

We’re very excited to announce the first public beta for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.1!

This release consists primarily of a number of user interface enhancements, so we’re anxious to get this build in your hands to see what you think.

We want to hear your feedback—good and bad. Simply create a new topic in this forum to post your feedback.

Please note that this this is NOT a final Release Candidate – this is the first beta and we definitely plan to continue addressing issues throughout the upcoming beta period.

What’s new:

• Brand new UI design! Much cleaner look with a toned-down color scheme.
  • Improved scan flow – all scans now automatically check for and apply the latest database updates so you're always scanning with the latest protection. (Exception: this will not occur if you have the option to “check for updates before scanning” disabled.)
  • You’ll automatically be prompted to download new program updates for the beta whenever they’re available. You can check back to this thread for details on the latest changes included in the new versions.
  • Simplified Quarantine flow – threats detected are pre-selected for removal and users are presented with a single “Remove Selected” button. Clicking “Remove Selected” quarantines all checked items. If you uncheck any threats you will see a new dialog asking what action should be taken on the unselected items: Ignore Once, Ignore Always, Cancel.
  • Improved malware protection capabilities, including enhanced rootkit detection and removal.
  • The Minimize button now minimizes the main program window to the taskbar instead of the tray.
  • Addressed numerous issues with Scheduled Scans, including showing the correct date for “Next schedule scan” on the dashboard.
Known issues:

• The What’s New / Release Notes included in the installer have not yet been updated and are showing old items from the 2.0.3 release.
  • Text strings new to 2.1 have not yet been translated. (This will be happening over the next several weeks.)
  • The tables throughout the UI will be updated for consistency and improved behavior prior to release.
  • The informational module shown during scan (and on Scan Results page for Free and Trial) includes several links that are not yet active.
Source: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/165570-malwarebytes-anti-malware-210-beta/

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Still no command line support? Come on, can't be that hard... might go back to 1.75 or whatever the file version was..

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Well, it requires a restart! Could not install in Shadow Mode of Shadow defender, nevertheless, gonna try it!

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Well, I am wrong! There's no restart required. I'm honestly NEUTRAL regarding the new UI. Why?
Positive: Better layout
Negative: Some fonts are bigger than necessary: Turns me off!

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Can you Shadow Defender?
What do you mean? I have installed it now under Shadow Mode of Shadow Defender. Now doing my first scan. Ahm, actually the fonts and big button at the bottom ruined the UI.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Post # 6
"Well, it requires a restart! Could not install in Shadow Mode of Shadow defender, nevertheless, gonna try it!"

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Just installed it an ran a scan. Looks pretty good to me. The scanning UI reminds me of Qihoo IS !

Reactions: Moose

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Post # 6
"Well, it requires a restart! Could not install in Shadow Mode of Shadow defender, nevertheless, gonna try it!"
Well, actually, the restart was just an assumption on my part, after reading from another post that it required a restart. There is no real need for restart.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
It working well and the custom scan is very complete! All around nice in my books. Not sure about the detection rate at this point?

Rogue987

Level 3
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
Looks Great!

The new UI looks very nice, I actually just tried it out and seems to operate greatly also.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.1.1.1010 Beta 2
I wanted to let you all know that we'll be pushing out a program update to Beta 2, which will be Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.1.1.1010. (This will only be available through the update to start...we'll provide the full download later.)

We are testing a new update and throttling procedure, so this update will be metered out rather slowly to start. This means that not everyone on 2.1.0.1009 will see a program update notification on this immediately. So you may have to be patient.
smile.png
We will open it up to the full beta population just as soon as we can after we're done analyzing the throttling process and everything is working as expected.

Here's what's changed in this version:
  • To improve usability, the "Remove Selected" button will now read “Next” instead on the Scan Results screen if all detected items are unchecked.
  • Fixed an issue with protection starting correctly during an update from 2.0.4 to 2.1.
  • Added back the text that had been inadvertently dropped from the Add and Edit Schedule dialogs regarding the possible variance in scheduled updates start times.
  • Minor text updates for consistency.
  • Slightly reduced the font size used on left-hand Settings tabs for improved design.
Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.