Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and Iobit's Malware Fighter 2 Pro

Which to you prefer: Malwarebytes or Malware Fighter? (Paid verisons only)

• Total voters
Product name
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and Iobit's Malware Fighter 2 Pro
Pros
  • Very popular products.
CONS
my results show Malware Fighter didn't do much.
BOTTOM LINE
Malwarebytes - good results $29.95
Malware Fighter - poor results $39.95

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
The detection rate of Malware Fighter is terrible, and testing proves that to be the case.

But, IObit Uninstaller and Driver Booster are both excellent. I don't like Advanced SystemCare due to the registry cleaner having very minor issues with false positives. Benchmarking of Smart Defrag has shown it to perform worse than the included Windows defrag.

So, not all of IObit's products are terrible.

but i sometime suspect/wonder if they reverse engineered someone elses product to make those???? i wouldn't say this cavalierly, its just they brought the suspicion upon themselves.

Reactions: Dave Russo

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
but i sometime suspect/wonder if they reverse engineered someone elses product to make those???? i wouldn't say this cavalierly, its just they brought the suspicion upon themselves.
It is quite understandable to be suspicious. But, I have tested pretty much every driver updater and uninstaller, and it is quite clear that IObit are not using anyone elses code.

Reactions: Dave Russo

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
it maybe impossible to tell. it is unlikely they would just reface it. likely, they would integrate the tech into their own products, meshing the code ... adding and subtracting from it. this would give different results from the hacked product and different operation-ability. this would save them tons on development costs and development time.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
I voted for Malware Fighter only because I like the GUI.

Yes, I am that shallow.:(

Regards Eck:)
shallow is relative. it depends on how tall you are. however, malwarebytes does have a new GUI that looks far snazzier than their older spybot looking grey one did. i like it more than the malware fighter one. i'm not sure if you just voted in the poll or also looked at the link, 'cuz there's pics there for comparison (?).

http://nosebotpress.blogspot.ca/2015/04/malwarebytes-anti-malware-premium.html#more

Reactions: Behold Eck

GummyBerries

May 16, 2015
I like IObit Uninstaller but hate the Advanced SystemCare! I truly regret purchasing the license....it failed to detect 'ttv.exe'.

Stephen Rimington

May 18, 2015
Malware bytes paid version i use it for all laptop and pcs etc we fix and if need be go into the registry to find any thing thats still hidden malware and virus coders are getting more and more cunning

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I have MBAM pro for a few years and found it to be a truly outstanding product, and has blocked many malicious IP addresses/connections. But, listen to the advice from the above members, and stay away. Any product that has to resort to stealing another(s) technology; just show how crap they must be.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
shallow is relative. it depends on how tall you are. however, malwarebytes does have a new GUI that looks far snazzier than their older spybot looking grey one did. i like it more than the malware fighter one. i'm not sure if you just voted in the poll or also looked at the link, 'cuz there's pics there for comparison (?).

http://nosebotpress.blogspot.ca/2015/04/malwarebytes-anti-malware-premium.html#more

Checked out the link and I still prefer the Malware fighter GUI but detection wise Malwarebytes wipes the floor with MF every time.

Had a similar experience with the downloading other stuff in the background thing with Baidu once.:mad:

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: ChoiceVoice

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
@GummyBerries : There is a money back guarantee as declared on Iobit website for purchasing paid version. ;)
Its AV contains partial signature based.

it would be interesting to know if IObit would honor that claim: hurting competitors is one thing, but hurting customers is another. still, i wouldn't hold my breath.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.