Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta Free - Still Worth it?

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Anyone still using the latest Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta as a supplemental Ransomware Shield for their free AV's that only have basic ransomware protection?

I am running CF/cs but am not sure if that will be enough to catch any ransomware that my Avast Free misses.

Thoughts? Thanks.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta never was worth it.

@SearchLight, I am starting to get the impression that you want really solid malware protection.
If so, allow me to suggest that you spend the time and energy (and possibly money) to implement a first-class security solution.
Among them, and not necessarily in proper order, are:
SRP (Hard_Configurator by Andy Ful) + Standard user account
AppGuard + proper configuration thereof
ReHIPS
NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro
Excubits Bouncer

If you go with a first-class default/deny solution such as one of these, you won't have to worry that you missed something.
It goes without saying that the basis on which to build is a modern, updated OS, on which you have installed modern, updated software.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.