Malwarebytes expires. What antivirus should I install?

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
Emsisoft, Kaspersky are good replacements. If you are only using MBAM, then these 2 are better and you cannot go wrong with either of them.
Note- please install only 1 of Kaspersky and emisoft as both are full anti-malware/antivirus/security software if you are planning to go with either of them.

Last edited:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
My malwarebytes premium expires today and I am looking for a replacement. Please do not make it to complicated in that I am not computer savvy as many of you on here are. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

If you were using Malwarebytes Premium alone.... that's bad. Test data indicate that it's pretty suckass.

So virtually any of the well-known AVs will give you better protection.

I recommend: Bitdefender, ESET or Norton.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

numike

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2018
Can you post your computer security configuration?
You can get a much better answer when we know your current system and software.
chiiild I dont know if I can figure out how to do that
I read other peoples configs and half of it I dont even know what it is

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Just in case you do not know,there is premium Internet security programs for sale on E-bay and Amazon,If your computer handled Malwarebytes without noticeable slowdown,pretty sure your computer can handle just about any program as Malwarebytes is a resource hog,I agree with stefanos Eset ,runs very light or Kaspersky {probally the best }, both are very good and better than Malwarebytes GL.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Don't use Malwarebytes as your main protection, it is perfectly fine as secondary protection which I recommend most people should have as I've yet to see a program that protects 100%.

Also, be very careful buying any software on Ebay, lots of cracked and/or fake versions.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
If you were using Malwarebytes as secondary security a possible replacement is Crystal Security. Its developer is a member here, and it has done well over at the malware testing hub.
Thanks for mentioning Crystal Security i totally forgot about this program,glad Kardo is still there and improved 3.7 version look good Thanks!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.