Advice Request Malwarebytes for Mac OX 10.6.8?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowers

Thread author
Feb 8, 2017
Is there a way to run Malware bytes for Mac OX 10.6.8? If not, are there other choices?

Wingman

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Feb 6, 2017
Hi Flowers

The "rainbow ball pops up" could mean so many things and not necessary adware related. What do you mean by "you computer is stuck". You can't open any application? Have you checked for potential hardware errors (https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201257)?

Also just to make sure 10.6.8 is the latest version you can go to ? I believe Mac OS X v10.6.8, can Upgrade to OS X Yosemite for free.

Flowers

Thread author
Feb 8, 2017
Hi Flowers

The "rainbow ball pops up" could mean so many things and not necessary adware related. What do you mean by "you computer is stuck". You can't open any application? Have you checked for potential hardware errors (https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201257)?

Also just to make sure 10.6.8 is the latest version you can go to ? I believe Mac OS X v10.6.8, can Upgrade to OS X Yosemite for free.
Ok, I'll check for hardware errors and try to upgrade before the computer gets stuck on the rainbow ball again. When I say stuck I mean the cursor turns to the rainbow ball and I'm no longer able to open programs, type, close programs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.