also I was able to run Combofix and here is that log

Attachments

• log.txt
    17.3 KB · Views: 130

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
I just noticed that there is a qoobox.txt and combofix quarantined files.....so I will leave those as well, I hope to hear back from you soon.

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    17.3 KB · Views: 106
  • ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 127

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
wow, i forgot to post that it quarantined my hewlett packard and cyberlink again as well.. I wasnt able to use my printer earlier and it says my webcam is in there.. im not sure if the instructions you gave me last time are still the correct files so I will wait to hear back from you on how to take them out of quarantine again..

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
I think reformatting is still the best option. You would've been up and running by now. Running all these tools won't repair system damages. You need a proper reinstall of windows and can be done easily on a HP laptop.

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
I am trying to figure out the quickest way to find all my photos and music and data to save to a writable disc.. in case that is what has to be done, but even then, Im not sure that I can remember how I did the last reinstall on my own, someone helped me.

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
are u not wanting to help give it one last try? if it doesn't work, I will then know a reformat has to be done.

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
You have thrown so many tools at it and it's not helping. The tools won't fix system damages, you logs are not showing the problems.

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Just wanted you to know that I successfully reformatted the pc.. I couldn't find the issue, and just gave in. Pc seems to be running fine now, just wanted to say thanks for all the help you gave me thru the issues. You Rock. :0}

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.