malwarebytes not finding malware, issues with running scan and bluescreen

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
its still there, should i click view now..or close to see what happens?? it seems to only be on facebook and if i scroll over it it says www.facebook.com/#

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Googling that pop-up message netted no results and I have never seen it before. You can risk it and click "view" and see what the message is and what program it's coming from OR take a safer route and download Sandboxie. You can install it, then run firefox in the sandbox so anything that happens won't affect your actual system.

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
NaN
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (August 2012)

In computing, NaN, standing for not a number, is a numeric data type value representing an undefined or unrepresentable value, especially in floating-point calculations. Systematic use of NaNs was introduced by the IEEE 754 floating-point standard in 1985, along with the representation of other non-finite quantities like infinities.

Two separate kinds of NaNs are provided, termed quiet NaNs and signaling NaNs. Quiet NaNs are used to propagate errors resulting from invalid operations or values, whereas signaling NaNs can support advanced features such as mixing numerical and symbolic computation or other extensions to basic floating-point arithmetic. For example, 0/0 is undefined as a real number, and so represented by NaN; the square root of a negative number is imaginary, and thus not representable as a real floating-point number, and so is represented by NaN; and NaNs may be used to represent missing values in computations.[1][2]

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
I'm trying to dl sandboxie and it is giving me several options.. can u tell me whoch of these to dl??
http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?AllVersions

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
ok now it is asking me to click OK to apply configuration settings to some applications on my pc.. add or remove Adobe Acrobat Reader & Synaptics TouchPad & Norton Security Antivirus here is an attach of what i see..

Attachments

• clip1SB.JPG
    clip1SB.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 93

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
when i clicked view now.. i didnt notice anything happen.. but now i have the COMPUTER icon and MICHELLE icon on my desktop.. does that happen w sandboxie? or did that occur clicking view now? i also clicked CLOSE and it closed, i dont see the (NaN) warning anymore..

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Grrrr.. when I refresh the pg it comes back.. I can close it but what is it there for..

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
i just found this about CHROME and JAVA
No need to uninstall FF ... (though I must note that this may differ according to the specific version of FF in use).

1. Go into Configure FF
2. Go to "Other Options"
3. See that the following items are set as indicated:
( x ) Show Facebook timestamps (eg. "3 hours ago").
( ) Add FFixer timestamps after Facebook timestamps (eg. "11:45").
( ) Show FFixer timestamps in 24-hour format.

I had this annoying NaN problem - twiddled a bit & voila! Fixed. Just means the script needs to be fixed for the NaN issue. The Q&A on Facebook gives prominence to some suggestions saying "bad FF" and "uninstall FF". Twaddle! Try the above - it does seem to work & you keep FF for all the other good stuff it does!

Back to the old cat-and-mouse tussle between the Zuckerbots and those of us who like to have some control over our little "social networking" worlds!

UPDATE: Seems the FF script is being updated. Chan apparently to post an update of the script later on. I guess that negates the above a little ;-)
Source(s):
Own solution.

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
First of all, NaN means Not A Number. This is your starting point for research.

It can be two things:
1. Facebook has gone bonkers again... You can check if this is true by checking in several different web browsers. If they all show NaN, It's facebook's fault. Bad, bad facebook
2. If former is not a case, then it's some plug-in, add-on or something else. By process of elimination, You can easily find the culprit. In my case it was ffixer greasemonkey script. You can update it, fix has already been published...
Source(s):
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/8861
For Google Chrome (latest version 5.0.375.86) users, "disabling all Facebook Fixer extensions seems to be the only solution" at this time. According to my attempts (on July 1, 2010 18:00, Bangkok, Thailand) with all latest version of Facebook Fixer extentions below.

[1] "Facebook Fixer" by fanny.caso (Version: 1.0)
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/egjpclbmbbcndoljcjfleefnpjbiemdl

RESULT: Enabling this extension causes "NaNNaNNaN at NaN:NaN" (with no customization menu under "Account". There's no "Options" at Chrome Extensions chrome://extensions/ too). Disabling this extension results in default timestamps (eg. "3 hours ago")

[2] "Better Facebook Fixer" by Omiod (Version: 1.0.999.6)
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/pfminakhmgplohaiaclohnofbanpdgam

RESULT: ditto the above result (of [1])

[3] "Facebook Fixer Updated" by claessensfrankie (Version: 2.1)
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/kjenimnmgldolefcannlopfckkphfodf

RESULT: ditto the above result (of [1])

[4] "FFixer (formerly Facebook Fixer)" by Evan Wondrasek (Version: 1.14)
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/pnjaaejldlfmjmpkgnngflodaafpcbjb

RESULT: This extension does "not" seem to work with latest Chrome version (There's no customization menu under "Account". There's no "Options" at Chrome Extensions chrome://extensions/ too). Enabling or disabling this extension doesn't affect the Facebook page display. Consequently, Facebook remains default timestamps (eg. "3 hours ago").
Source(s):
My own attempts between latest version of Google Chrome and all the latest version of Facebook Fixer Extensions.

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
if you think this is nothing maybe i should stop worrying about this for a sec and get back to making sure there are no malwares on here, and i still cant use my webcam.. my drivers are missing :eek:{

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Ok cool, you got fixed right? That is not a malware issue, just a Firefox and facebook not interacting smoothly it seems. Yahoo Answers ftw! :p

What other problems are you still experiencing? Just your webcam issue right?

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
if you didnt see anything bad on the logs i posted, i will assume that the issue is a firefox issue and see if it goes away in a day or two and if not i will ask you to help me try to resolve it again, but i guess that if the logs show nothing negative.. we can try to restore the drivers that were deleted. i think u said they are in the qoobox...

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Download a new version of Combofix and save it to your Desktop (Don't worry, we are not going to run it and the current version is CLEAN)

Don't run combofix.

Open up Notepad and paste the following:

DeQuarantine::
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\ProgramData\SymUpdate.exe.vir

Quit::
  • Save the above as CFscript.txt and make sure you save it to the same location (should be on your Desktop) as ComboFix.exe
  • At this point, you MUST EXIT ALL BROWSERS NOW before continuing!
  • You should have both the ComboFix.exe and CFScript.txt icons on your Desktop.
  • Now use your mouse to drag CFscript.txt on top of ComboFix.exe
    CFScript.gif
  • Follow the prompts.
  • When it finishes, a log will be produced named c:\combofix.txt
  • I will ask for this log below

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.