App Review Malwarebytes Premium V3 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

What do you think of MalwareBytes Version 3?

• I like it

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • It's alright

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • I dislike it

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

MalwareBytes Version 3 has been out for a while & I finally got around to editing this video so new GUI, more settings, new layers of protection & it can replace your AV? Really? Well stick around to find out ;)

Thanks for watching, Merry Xmas & I'll see you in the next video :D

K

KGBagent47

Thread author
I've considered buying another license and running it along side Webroot for the PUP and overall extra layer of protection. VoodooShield is great, but after using it for a few months I've realized I could make a wrong judgement call on a FP. My only hesitation is I hate devoting RAM to security.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
I've considered buying another license and running it along side Webroot for the PUP and overall extra layer of protection. VoodooShield is great, but after using it for a few months I've realized I could make a wrong judgement call on a FP. My only hesitation is I hate devoting RAM to security.
I would highly recommend MBAM Premium but I too use VoodooShield as well as MalwareBytes & several other programs & yes VoodooShield can pickup False Positives but it does a great job :) Better safe than sorry is what I always say.

It didn't do too bad in this test, hmm.
I know it amazed me how good the Prevention was - ThePCSecurityChannel admitted to using lots of False Positives in his Detection Test (Static Scan) whereas I believe that there weren't that many False Positives in that pack.

I was using new samples - on the day - 4 day old samples. In future tests I will be verifying all samples before the test to check for False Positives fully to eliminate any chances of FPs. I will also be starting to use less than 200 Samples because that way I can guarantee new new samples instead of older samples & it makes it a hell of a lot easier to find False Positives :)

Bloody hell, just when I have Malwarebytes planned for testing, everyone is posting video reviews :D Should have tested Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware yesterday and left F-Secure's DeepGuard for today XD
lol I know right :) And I was late to the party - lots of others have already tested this on Youtube.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
How many millions of licenses of this is Malwarebytes going to sell to businesses over the next few months? Their reputation and some great reviews like this one, and MB 3 will be more or less everywhere in offices and on corporate systems and servers. So, can they meet expectations long term? :eek::) Well, it's not as if MB is new at managing customer relations and product development :rolleyes:. I guess perhaps the security software industry could be shaken a bit o_O if it gets crazy. :cool:

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Thanks for the informative video, I had it installed for 1 day and find that the memory is above 400mb on my system, after the initial scan and given time for it to settle down, by the end of the day (12 Hours) memory usage is down to about 350mb. Due to this I decided to go back to their standalone version (Anti-Exploit,Anti-ransomeware, and Anti-Malware) which consumes a total of 30mb, along with Norton, its about 60MB. Ram is quite a scarce resource for my system as I allocated it to Shadow Defender and RamDisk.

After watching you video, I am tempted to go back to it. Thanks once again for such a great video.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Thanks for the informative video, I had it installed for 1 day and find that the memory is above 400mb on my system, after the initial scan and given time for it to settle down, by the end of the day (12 Hours) memory usage is down to about 350mb. Due to this I decided to go back to their standalone version (Anti-Exploit,Anti-ransomeware, and Anti-Malware) which consumes a total of 30mb, along with Norton, its about 60MB. Ram is quite a scarce resource for my system as I allocated it to Shadow Defender and RamDisk.

After watching you video, I am tempted to go back to it. Thanks once again for such a great video.
It is surprising impressive & if you have the performance then I would recommend it :) If you don't I'm sure Norton will still protect you.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
I just installed as I have a lifetime license, on initial scan it's been stuck on one dll file for over 20 minutes? steamoverlayvulkanlayer64.dll is the file, cancelled over 5 minutes ago and still scanning, not thrilled so far lol.
You might want to contact their support...I have never had that issue

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.