Can be hard to navigate for a new user.
Performance (rating)
2.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
1.00 star(s)
Proactive protection (rating)
1.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
Ransomware protection is slow and clunky, most ransomware has time to encrypt your files before being detected
Detection ratio of less than 40% is the lowest out of any security product.
Good, not great, web protection.
Browser protection (rating)
3.00 star(s)
Positives
    • Easy to use
    • Simple and non-intrusive
    • Ransomware protection
    • Compatible with other anti-virus software
    • Effective malware removal
    • Well designed, clear and easy to use interface
    • Multi-layer protection approach
Negatives
    • Advanced users may want more control
    • Noticeable negative system impact
    • Resource intensive tasks
    • Antivirus capabilities are average at best
    • Weak protection against zero-day threats
    • Limited web protection
    • Not as many features as some competitors
    • Scans can be rather slow
    • Can slow down your browsing speed
    • Slows down browsing the Internet
    • Opening, copying or saving a file is noticeably slower
    • Significant impact while playing games
Time spent using product
Reviewed over a 30-day period
Computer specs
Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube

Intel Core i5-6400
geForce GTX 1070
C: drive
Manufacturer: SanDisk
Interface: SATA
Capacity: 119 GB

D: drive
Manufacturer: Seagate
Interface: SATA
Capacity: 931 GB
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
Overall rating
1.00 star(s)
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

@Nightwalker @Noche so after reading carefully, i deduced:

Web Protection
Prevents access to malicious websites, ad networks, scammer networks, and bad neighborhoods
Would be the web filter component.

- Application Hardening
Reduces vulnerability exploit surface and proactively detects fingerprinting attempts used by advanced attacks
- Exploit Mitigation
Proactively detects and blocks attempts to abuse vulnerabilities and remotely execute code on the endpoint
seems to be MBAE component?

Payload Analysis
Identifies entire families of known malware with heuristic and behavioral rules
Obviously, the real-time signature engine.

But this:

- Behavior Monitoring
Detects and blocks ransomware via behavioral monitoring technology
- Application Behavior Protection
Prevents applications from being leveraged to infect the endpoint
what they means exactly, BB? i don't remember it had one; i admit didn't use my license since a while...

Anomaly Detection
Proactively identifies viruses and malware through machine learning techniques
ML in the real-time engine or now MBP has active cloud scanner?

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I have an active subscription, I used to use it alongside Bitdefender, but it slowed things so much that I had to uninstall, and then my eyes opened and I saw how much faster my laptop became, it was everything, open/close programs+boot+browsing, etc. who got much faster.
I will never touch this software again:mad:.
Malwarebytes was on the top once, but now they have reached the bottom.:(

Last edited by a moderator:

killpointik

Level 2
Verified
Feb 7, 2016
stay away from this crap software

admins cleaned/deleted our posts

after last updates many ppl computers freezing/buzzing VIDEOs/AUDIOs === im tried fix it with many ppl from my IT area, no chance, tried everything, but 1 thing helped, shutdown Malwarebytes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

problems persists

im deleted from my machines and looking for compensation for my ZEMANA AntiKeyLogger , dont know

for fast scanning i bought for 3 years HITMANPRO, excellent software

polishpatriot

Level 2
Feb 4, 2020
It will never be obsolete as long as user:
  • refuse to change their behaviors
  • do not want to learn how OS security works
  • want the security software to do all the work
signatures are the best thing going for average joe

average software vendor only gives what average joe is willing to pay for

good insight pulblishers publsih what they can sell
default-deny results in virtually zero sales
even when given away for free, almost no one select default deny
unless you have a user-base in the hunudreds of thousands of people, you have no user base
go ask NVT ERP or Voodooshield or SSRP or Hard Configurator
they got at best maybe tens of thousands of users
LOL

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
"Modern" Signatures + Behavior Blocker >>>>>>>>> Default Deny

Default-Deny is a security policy (very effective) that should be used in some kind of environments, but not in a PC home user scenario, except if the user in question only does basic stuff, otherwise it will just annoy him prompting to have it removed.

Default-Deny has no value for the advanced user, except as a hobby, dont fool yourselfs thinking that the average security forum user needs to be told that he is gonna run a file, what the advanced user needs is a way to know if the file is clean or have some way to protect him in the case of a bad jugdgement; a default-deny solution doesnt help in neither.

If I want and need to run a file with a unknown reputation in what way Default-Deny is gonna protect me? It wont, so I simple dont bother with it and neither the industry, I bet that vendors like Kaspersky would love to ditch Signatures and the cost associated, but they wont because it is a reliable form of protection, not just a policy.

polishpatriot

Level 2
Feb 4, 2020
"Modern" Signatures + Behavior Blocker >>>>>>>>> Default Deny

Default-Deny is a security policy (very effective) that should be used in some kind of environments, but not in a PC home user scenario, except if the user in question only does basic stuff, otherwise it will just annoy him prompting to have it removed.

Default-Deny has no value for the advanced user, except as a hobby, dont fool yourselfs thinking that the average security forum user needs to be told that he is gonna run a file, what the advanced user needs is a way to know if the file is clean or have some way to protect him in the case of a bad jugdgement; a default-deny solution doesnt help in neither.

If I want and need to run a file with a unknown reputation in what way Default-Deny is gonna protect me? It wont, so I simple dont bother with it and neither the industry, I bet that vendors like Kaspersky would love to ditch Signatures and the cost associated, but they wont because it is a reliable form of protection, not just a policy.

The notion where users have to make a choice is going to result in the correct decision is ludicrous.

Why not just stuff those users into a 55 gal metal drum and roll them down the biggest Nordic hill you can find.

• HaHa
Reactions: Behold Eck
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Exactly. Even doing basic stuff isn't enough , a properly tighten default-deny strategy will break even Windows Update. So basically hampering the user experience. Which mean "hey remove the s***t you installed on my computer" kind of call.

Exact again, however the only "default-deny" valid mechanism will be SRP , reason it is heavily used in corporations to prevent users to do s**t on the company endpoints and compromise the whole network.

SRP will protect you because you won't be able to run the file unless you whitelisted it yourself.

Why do you think over the years i switched from annoying HIPS/Anti-exe to various form of SRPs, Win10's SRP/Applocker being the latest.

polishpatriot

Level 2
Feb 4, 2020
Exactly. Even doing basic stuff isn't enough , a properly tighten default-deny strategy will break even Windows Update. So basically hampering the user experience. Which mean "hey remove the s***t you installed on my computer" kind of call.

Exact again, however the only "default-deny" valid mechanism will be SRP , reason it is heavily used in corporations to prevent users to do s**t on the company endpoints and compromise the whole network.

SRP will protect you because you won't be able to run the file unless you whitelisted it yourself.

Why do you think over the years i switched from annoying HIPS/Anti-exe to various form of SRPs, Windows 10's SRP/Applocker being the latest.

SRP will always win.

Why do you think Microsoft put so much effort into theirs and then incorporate it into their OS ?

Anti-executble, application control, whitelisting-only, so on... those are joker solutions

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

SRP will always win.
Why do you think Microsoft put so much effort into theirs and then incorporate it into their OS ?
works very well, one of the few things i can credit MS with. Of course it is not invulnerable, but quite close if properly set. and if on top you have good security habits, being infected is almost null.

Anti-executble, application control, whitelisting-only, so on... those are joker solutions
Indeed, the only case they would work is that you don't do anything on your computer and keep it in the same state before those tools are installed (which is out-of-scope of 99.9% of home users).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.