Advice Request Malwarebytes Purchase Donation

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hello everyone so for the past few months I have been using Goodsearch for giving money to certain places I like and it says a purchase from Malwarebytes will give that organization 15% of the purchase. How am I able to clarify that the amount would be donated?

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
When in doubt just don't do it is my motto.!:eek: I have used MBAM & it did not catch anything. Adwcleaner caught the nastys on my PC & removed them. It was a real shocker to me. For the most part MBAM does a fair job though.:)

Reactions: Andytay70
A

Alkajak

Goodshop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia is not always the best source, but Goodsearch does seem to be legitimate, and they are powered by Yahoo. With this information, you can assume that all 15% of the price that you pay will go to cause of your choice.

ie. The sale for MBAM Premium at $24.95, $3.74 will be donated to your choice of charitable organization from their list.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Goodshop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia is not always the best source, but Goodsearch does seem to be legitimate, and they are powered by Yahoo. With this information, you can assume that all 15% of the price that you pay will go to cause of your choice.

ie. The sale for MBAM Premium at $24.95, $3.74 will be donated to your choice of charitable organization from their list.
How am I able to clarify that the money was donated?
@marg
That may be true for you but I have been very happy with Malwarebytes Anti malware and it isn't going to change anytime soon.

Reactions: Alkajak
A

Alkajak

Where can I see what I've contributed to my cause?
You can view the amount you've raised in total for all causes you support on Goodsearch by clicking on “details” under your personal amount raised on the Goodsearch homepage. If you don't have an account and want to track your earnings, please register here!

From their FAQ section on their site. You're best off going there to have your questions answered.

Reactions: DJ Panda

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
MBAM is a decent program & if its working for you OK, I would stick with it. It does detect certain things but, like an antivirus program some things will pass under the Radar from my experience.!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.