Troubleshoot Malwarebytes ran and now Internet Explorer not working

canadianclassic

Thread author
Jul 1, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Internet Explorer not working . files appear there but not working.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Search files . Wireless connection active.
Help!!!!

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
What OS are you running ?
Did you remove the Malware problems ? If not or you are not sure you can request assistance with removal here http://malwaretips.com/forums/malware-removal-assistance.10/

You can try the System File Checker Tool to try and repair missing or corrupt files https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

If you are using Windows 7 or below have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling IE ?
  1. Click the Start button, and enter Programs and features in the search box.

2. Click Programs and Features in the list of results, and then click View installed updates.

3. Under Microsoft Windows, right-click Internet Explorer, and then click Uninstall.

4. In the Uninstall an update dialog box, click Yes to uninstall.

5. Click Restart now to finish uninstalling and restore previous versions of the browser, or click Restart later.
IE 11 Download http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-11-worldwide-languages

In Windows 8/8.1 turn off IE then restart your computer and IE will be removed.Turn it on again and it will reinstall IE

Reactions: BoraMurdar
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
A connected question is where MBAM found something in the scan process? Even though it generates low FP but the possibility it kill something for IE.

I think you need to conduct system restore where IE is working on that time.

Reactions: Exterminator
Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I removed IE and installed FireFox , everything is up and running . I really like the FireFox over IE.
IMO Firefox is a much better browser although I use Chrome also.
You can also use Chrome or IE again as a backup browser.Just make sure you are infection free.You might want to run some scans with a couple different on demand scanners to make sure. Such as Hitman Pro,ESET Online Scanner,Emsisoft Emergency Kit not to mention your real time AV protection if you have one.
As @jamescv7 pointed out that MBAM might have corrupted or removed some IE files is a good possibility.

Reactions: WinXPert
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.