Battle Malwarebytes vs SAS vs Hitman Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
Since I'm noticing a lack of these types of polls, I wanted to be the first one to compare today's most popular on-demand scanners, Malwarebytes' Anti-malware, SUPER Antispyware and Hitman Pro, cast your votes.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
I'm with bod and Valentine, mbam is simply a great tool and SAS can often be skipped, HitMan is a nice "second opinion" so to speak and does well with both root kit and proxy related detections, all are on demand and it isn't a bad idea to utilize each for its capabilities and the fact that each has slightly different detection abilities.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well I prefer Malwarebytes...I think it is just over time that I have gotten use to malwarebytes...my second would have to be hitman pro

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The great thing about on demand scanners is that you can have more than one installed on your system. :D ...
This three are most likely the best on demand scanners on the maket , so like others said I think a user should have them all on his pc....But If I had to choose I would say : Malwarebytes Antimalware. - Great anti-malware engine , great scaning time , great price. :D

My top for on-demand scanners :

1. MBAM
2. Hitman Pro
3.Emsisoft Emergency Kit
4. SAS

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
I voted for Malwarebytes.
MrXidus said:
I use 3 on-demand scanners.

- SAS
- HMP
- MBAM

In my videos you'll see that they all detect different threats, such as MBAM missing a threat but HMP or SAS will find it.
Though which one do you find works the best?

G

Guest28

If i had to pick it would be MBAM and SAS. But since you can only choose one option i picked MBAM. HMP might detect running memory processes better and be enabled better on an infected machine *Force breach mode* But also if malware kills you're internet you're done. Overall i think malwarebytes does a better cleanup.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since on my previous post I told that 3 on demand scanner are installed in my systen and used but if i had to pick and that's goes to MBAM.

psyside1

Mar 23, 2011
Sas is doing weak in latest Mrg Flash tests, now i know that this doesen't meant much for any of you guys, but for me it does. And on top of that SAS was never good as MBAM, so my choice is MBAM and HMP, i would use EAM instead of SAS anyday.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Dieselman said:
When properly scanning an infected system you need to do a rootkit scan first. So TDSSKiller goes before anything.

Definitely have to agree with that, besides it scans and cleans so quickly and once it is completed assuming it finds anything the rest goes so much more smoothly and easily. When you work in the field time equals money so doing the best job as quickly as possible is important so working/scanning properly is a big part that people often leave out. Mbam without a doubt is #1 of the three options.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
My favorite is MBAM but I also have installed HMP. I do their
scans because they are effective and quick. I run SAS once
with almost every new version they get out. I install it using
Time Freeze and when the scan is over, SAS is gone.
All 3 are great programs and they can be used as a team since
there are things that one detects but not the others.

Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.