MalwareCenter's config (updated 2013-08-29)

Malware1

Level 76
Thread author
Sep 28, 2011
RE: MalwareCenter's config (updated 2013-07-20)

No, it's the same for me like with real-time protection. :)

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013

Earth said:
Can you feel the speed in normal operations again? No boot delay, no downloading or web browsing slow downs. :D

MalwareCenter said:
No, it's the same for me like with real-time protection. :)

because CIS dont delay boot at all and it take ~2-3 sec to startup and with low ram usage, not heavy at all also no web protection to slow it down Regardless of its DNS, maybe if he had removed KIS then he will feel the all difference :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Untrue, CIS does delay the boot process, but so do other start-up programs.

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013

Earth said:
Untrue, CIS does delay the boot process, but so do other start-up programs.

Hi Earth;
what i mean by boot time, the time taken before user login screan, and for sure it takes time for startup like any app but as i said from 2-3 sec

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: MalwareCenter's config (updated 2013-07-23)

The current Returnil uses F-Prot.

I'm not sure about their new unreleased version, but I stopped testing it because it ran my HDD hot.

Malware1

Level 76
Thread author
Sep 28, 2011
RE: MalwareCenter's config (updated 2013-07-29)

Configuration was updated :) Again nothing :p I installed F-Prot for submitting undetected samples, but they don't analyze, so uninstalled.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.