Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

Hi,i dont feel so much comfortable while browsing on malwaretips on my phone. Considering that here we have a lot of programmers,so i have a idea: Malwaretips.com mobile app (similar to Facebook).
It should support all platforms

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Hello guys,
This is not the first time I have seen this type of request.. And I think it's a good idea to have one... But I would like the app to be very good...
Unfortunately I cannot find something that integrates good with Xenforo.
There is this Tapatalk platform.. but it has bugs, and at the Xenforo forum I have read that a few admins dropped this app due to security bugs...

@vlad has create a MalwareTips app using Tapatalk free verison : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.malwaretips.unofficial&hl=en ... I for one, don't like the feel and look, and I prefer using the site itself to browse the forum..

Even so, I will try to find a good app for the website... however to be our official app, it needs to have a certain level of quality. It needs to be something that I would personally like to have installed on my phone. : )

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Xenforo is mobile friendly (IE on Windows Phone), experience may vary with chosen theme.

I personally do not see the need for the app, unless you want background notifications/alert with, as Jack mentioned XF integration. I mostly access the forum from the desktop web browser (Chrome), but for those on the move all the time, I could see why you require this sort of mobile application.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
I really have no trouble at all going on the site via Chrome or FF on my Android phone. Maybe not as good as a good app would be but it works for me

McLovin

Level 73
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
I used to use the MalwareTips app, but it was an app that you can't reply in and still had to go online to reply to threads...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.