malwaretips.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Hi,i dont feel so much comfortable while browsing on MalwareTips on my phone. Considering that here we have a lot of programmers,so i have a idea: malwaretips.com mobile app (similar to Facebook).
It should support all platforms

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello guys,
This is not the first time I have seen this type of request.. And I think it's a good idea to have one... But I would like the app to be very good...
Unfortunately I cannot find something that integrates good with Xenforo.
There is this Tapatalk platform.. but it has bugs, and at the Xenforo forum I have read that a few admins dropped this app due to security bugs...

@vlad has create a MalwareTips app using Tapatalk free verison : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MalwareTips.unofficial&hl=en ... I for one, don't like the feel and look, and I prefer using the site itself to browse the forum..

Even so, I will try to find a good app for the website... however to be our official app, it needs to have a certain level of quality. It needs to be something that I would personally like to have installed on my phone. : )

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Xenforo is mobile friendly (IE on Windows Phone), experience may vary with chosen theme.

I personally do not see the need for the app, unless you want background notifications/alert with, as Jack mentioned XF integration. I mostly access the forum from the desktop web browser (Chrome), but for those on the move all the time, I could see why you require this sort of mobile application.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I really have no trouble at all going on the site via Chrome or FF on my Android phone. Maybe not as good as a good app would be but it works for me

Reactions: Jack

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I used to use the MalwareTips app, but it was an app that you can't reply in and still had to go online to reply to threads...

Last edited:
Reactions: MalwareT and Jack

Rogue987

Level 3
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
As others have stated, XenForo is mobile friendly so I don't really see any point in a Mobile App.

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
I'm now on mobile. :) This cms is great on mobile browsers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-10-11-14-52.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-10-11-14-52.png
    286.1 KB · Views: 402
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.