Status
Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Also, the Black background against the dark Blue lettering's contrast is not great. A lighter Blue is better

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096 and Jack

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
The new feature looks OK but it's really making me dizzy, and crazy! Now we have to scroll even further down to forums listings. And that thing just keeps going 'round and 'round! :sick::X3::LOL::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The new feature looks OK but it's really making me dizzy, and crazy! Now we have to scroll even further down to forums listings. And that thing just keeps going 'round and 'round! :sick::X3::LOL::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot:
Just doing a little test, in the final version the auto-scroll will be most likely disabled. Also the position isn't final. Basically I'm just looking for a way to show some of the threads that are interesting and you might have missed. The staff & Trusted Members will be able to feature threads, however for now this is still in the testing phase. Thanks for the feedback.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
When did the MalwareTips Black Wave design come out? I'm making it my default right now. Beautiful! The contrast of the avatars with the matte black is perfect. Now, it's the best-looking site around, of all the ones I visit (which actually ain't many but anyway).

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
When did the MalwareTips Black Wave design come out? I'm making it my default right now. Beautiful! The contrast of the avatars with the matte black is perfect. Now, it's the best-looking site around, of all the ones I visit (which actually ain't many but anyway).

Just finished working on this new layout. With the "MalwareTips Black Wave" style I've tried to keep as much as possible from the default style and use colors that would be easy on the eyes. This theme will replace the MalwareTips Midnight layout.
As a new feature, there is now "Dark mode" toggle that allows to easily switch between the dark and the light layout.

We've also created a new page - News Feed - this will make it easier to see all the new threads in the community.

I'll create a new thread about the new layout and other features in a few hours.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Both wave and wave dark themes don't work well with Samsung browser's dark mode, the upper part of the site. I would whitelist MT if there was an option but there isn't. This browser's dark theme is either for all sites or none and can't whitelist sites which sucks. Its the browser's issue, happens with few other sites as well, the issue is not yours but I still thought I mention it.

Reactions: oldschool and Jack

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Both wave and wave dark themes don't work well with Samsung browser's dark mode, the upper part of the site. I would whitelist MT if there was an option but there isn't. This browser's dark theme is either for all sites or none and can't whitelist sites which sucks. Its the browser's issue, happens with few other sites as well, the issue is not yours but I still thought I mention it.
I'll try to fix it, but our new dark layout looks much better than the generic Samsung colors. :)

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I'll try to fix it, but our new dark layout looks much better than the generic Samsung colors. :)
Yes definitely. If only this browser had whitelist option. Some sites with native dark mode doesn't need one from browser. Universally applied one won't be better than native one. It causes conflict in many sites.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I did not realize MT had a dark theme. It made my day to see this thread popup and inform me of this.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Guys, I'll close this thread because the Midnight theme was discontinued. For more details about about the new dark layout, go to this thread - Features - MalwareTips Black Wave, Dark Mode toggle & News Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.