MalwareTips Mobile App Is Now Available

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
We're very happy to announce the MalwareTips community mobile app, which is powered by a Progressive Web App.
A Progressive Web App or PWA is a web app that uses modern web capabilities to deliver an app-like experience to users.

We've decided to implement a progressive web app because it offers all the advantages of a regular application while keeping all our community features in place.
When compared with the regular browser, this app offers a better cache system, smooth animations, full screen browsing, and a standalone app with all the advantages that a standard app has.

Installation

1. When you will visit the site via a mobile device, a banner on the bottom of the screen will prompt you to "Add MalwareTips to Home screen".

2. Click on this banner, and you will see a pop-up screen asking you to confirm that you want to install the app.

The app will be now installed on your device like any other applications, and an icon will be added to your Home screen and in your apps menu. That's it.

Screenshots
So, this is how the MalwareTips app looks when it's installed on a device:

With the MalwareTips PWA app and our Push Notifications system, we basically offer a full native browsing experience while keeping all the features of the site.

Uninstall
If at some point you want to uninstall the MalwareTips App, the process is similar as with any other regular app. You just click and hold the icon and select Uninstall.

I really hope you guys like this mobile app implementation, and I'm waiting for your feedback.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Very good news! I'd love to try it out but sadly I am on iOS, which does not allow me to use this feature. :(
Lucky Android users! :)
This app works on iOS and Android, this was one of the main reasons why we've chosen a PWA instead of a traditional app. The only downside for iOS is that Push Notifications aren't yet supported, but other than that this app works exactly like a standard app. You'll get the icon on home screen, the full screen browsing and all the features that you expect from a standalone app.

Well, open a Safari browser so visit the MalwareTips site (the main page) as you can see the navigation bar of the Safari

aqa7I4t.jpg

Tap on that > Add to Home Screen there you go :)
Thanks for the help @CyberTech! (y)

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Is there any way the app can open multiple tabs for different threads? I tried but was unable to do so..

Reactions: upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.