Mandriva 2011 RC1 Looks Impressive, Screenshot Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Mandriva, through Eugeni Dodonov, announced a few minutes ago, June 29th, the immediate availability for testing of the first Release Candidate version of the upcoming Mandriva 2011 Linux operating system.

[attachment=529]

Read more

Attachments

• mandriva2011rc1-large_002.jpg
    mandriva2011rc1-large_002.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 608

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
It looks nice, though the default panel looks rather cluttered.

HeffeD said:
I have Mandriva as one of my VM's, so I'm looking forward to this.
'VM's'?
That is a mistake very unbecoming of a fellow grammar nazi.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The taskbar looks the same as Windows 7 Superbar........ :shy: .. Yet another Linux built?Why should a user dump Unbutu for Mandriva?

silviu_c

Feb 28, 2011
Who said anything about dumping it? Install it alongside your other OS or play with it in a virtual machine.

Mandriva (Mandrake) was one of the easiest distros to install and set up back in the day...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nice screenshots, interface looks really good and well organized like the configure your desktop.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
silviu_c said:
Mandriva (Mandrake) was one of the easiest distros to install and set up back in the day...
Did you tried this release?It's better than Mint or Unbutu?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Mandriva Linux 2011 Officially Released, Screenshot Tour

Mandriva proudly announced last evening, August 28th, the immediate availability for download of the final and stable release of the highly anticipated Mandriva Linux 2011 operating system.

A day early than expected, but Mandriva Linux 2011 has been finally released and made available for download on mirrors worldwide (see download link at the end of the article).

Dubbed Hydrogen, Mandriva Linux 2011 brings a completely new design (new icons, new launcher, new wallpaper, etc), it is powered by Linux kernel 2.6.38 and built on top of KDE Software Compilation 4.6.5.

Mandriva Linux 2011 also includes lots of awesome technologies, such as SimpleWelcome, TimeFrame, StackFolder, RocketBar, MandrivaSync, Mandriva Sphere and the new Mandriva Package Manager.

More Info

D

Deleted member 178

mandriva was the only linux distros i had tested, it was nice but cant replace Windows for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.