harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@manhtom: please kindly consider:
  • To set UAC to Always Notify.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: MalWareBytes 4 Windows Free.
  • To change AdGuard (extension) by uBlock Origin.
  • Also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and not only in cloud.
  • A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.
  • Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here.
Thanks for sharing Your config :)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Important to change UAC to Always Notify.Chrome
Add Emsisoft Emergency Kit to second opinion scanners.
HTTPS Everywhere is a redundant extension in 2018, most sites use HTTPS as default.

Chrome extensions to add:
  • Scriptsafe
  • uBlock Origin
  • VTChromizer
  • Decentraleyes
  • Privacy Possum
Wise Disk Cleaner is an alternative to CCleaner, personally does a much better job too.
Macrium Reflect can a secondary tool to backup files.

Apart from the above, the rest of the config is great. Thanks for sharing

Please note the above (excluding UAC) is optional, you can choose if you wish to add to your set up.

~LDogg

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
+1 @harlan4096 & @LDogg suggestions with one exception. I would swap Nano Adblocker for uBO as NA based on uBO but hardened more by default. I always recommend Advanced User Medium Mode (block 3rd party frames & scripts) and you can use default mode if you don't want to deal with a broken site. Most sites work perfectly fine for browsing in AUMM though.

drb124

Oct 11, 2017
I've noticed on alot of everyones security setup that quiet a few people use Google chrome as web browser. Wouldn't that in its self be a security risk? Or is there a way to tame it..thx

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
I've noticed on alot of everyones security setup that quiet a few people use Google chrome as web browser. Wouldn't that in its self be a security risk? Or is there a way to tame it..thx

Privacy risk? Yes
Chrome is kinda secure.

Reactions: harlan4096

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
Good config except you can add on demand scanners as mentioned by people above.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No. Chrome is by far the most secure web browser. Read 'Google's Security Princess..'

You might be confused between Privacy and Security.

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.