Manzai's Config

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I haven't tried Bitdefender Free Edition, so I won't have a clue on how good it is.

What is the setup you have for your malware testing? Also only thing that I can see that you could add is a password manager to Firefox.

M

Manzai

Thread author
What is the setup you have for your malware testing?

VirtualBox 4.2, Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit, 512Mo in Ram .

I do not have a very powerful machine so I can not go up more than 512MB in RAM (sorry for my poor English ^^)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
manzai said:
VirtualBox 4.2, Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit, 512Mo in Ram .

I do not have a very powerful machine so I can not go up more than 512MB in RAM (sorry for my poor English ^^)

Ahh, I see. Just wondering what people are using for their malware testing.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Bitdefender Free is considered as okey product despite of controversies regarding from features.

M

Manzai

Thread author
My new antivirus is : Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus+ 2013 ;)

S

starchild76

Thread author
nice and clean , simple config! keep it up. are you experiencing any slowdowns or freezes with trend av +?? the last time I have used it on my windows 7 machine , it lagged quite a lot.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Interesting choice, not seen many opt for Trend Micro, but looks good to me. :D

@starchild, I've only ever noticed a performance drop on Windows 8 is after installing realtime 3rd-party security software. Not sure why, but I'm assuming since the Start Screen app loads first, the Desktop apps come second.

S

starchild76

Thread author
earth I am satisfied with Norton Internet Security right now on my win 8 64 bit machine. ram usage is a tad high , to be fair , but I do not notice any lags or slowdowns , which whas the case with norton 360. startup of my machine is superquick and also the webbrowsing is quick , even with chrome :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its really true that NIS doesn't affect its performance even at medium-high usage.

I've used like no AV due on decent response time.

F

ForgottenSeer 8371

Thread author
Do you use any cleaning utilities like ccleaner?
or perhaps a defragger?

M

Manzai

Thread author
XVSkulblaka7 said:
Do you use any cleaning utilities like ccleaner?
or perhaps a defragger?

I use Ccleaner and Auslogic Disk Defrag

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.