Margaret P. config

Marrgaret P.

Thread author
May 7, 2014
I do not trust MS Security Essentials, I never see it catch anything, so I don't think it does anything. I have a limited income so freeware is my best bet. I've liked some features with Advanced (AMC) and I've used Avast, but don't want to hear their announcements, so I shut that noise off, currently only have MS Security Essentials and I don't feel safe. Anyone have suggestions?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How did you last get infected? Was the fault your mouse click?

Reactions: Ulikedat

Marrgaret P.

Thread author
May 7, 2014
I don't like the words "fault" and "blame" they only serve to make people feel bad. I do however believe in taking responsibility for my actions. It was my tired and foolish error, not reading what the software wanted to include in the download. I can't even remember what I was downloading, I think that was removed while in the shop, or maybe shortly after I installed it. I'm past the shame, I screwed up, now I clean up.

Reactions: Ulikedat

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
You can check this section and choose one year license for your PC or check out my signature to find any antivirus (free) of your choice.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.