Advanced Security Marko :)'s PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Apr 7, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
Asus TUF Gaming AX3000 V2
Real-time protection
Windows Defender
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
Custom security settings
N/A
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Mozilla Firefox:
  • uBlock Origin
  • Violentmonkey
  • Search by Image
  • Native HLS Playback
  • Librezam
  • ChromeMask
  • TWP - Translate Web Pages
Brave:
  • uBlock Origin
Secure DNS
Control D Free DNS – Hagezi Pro Plus
Desktop VPN
Cloudflare WARP
Windscribe
Password and passkey manager
Firefox Password Manager
File and photo backups
Filen.io
Google Drive/Photos
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
System Restore
System Image Backup
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
    • Coding and development
Computer specs
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Why uBlock in Brave?
It gives me more control over blocking and I can manually fix if something isn't working right. I can't do that on Brave's built-in ad blocker because it's made to be simple to use. What's weird, Brave's ad blocker is probably more capable than uBlock Origin because it's built-in the browser, but at the same time it's poor with the options so you can't do half what you can with uBO.
Insecure Password on Windows? 🤔
That seems weird to me as well because my password is strong. Windows Hello is unavailable on my laptop, so it's either password or a PIN. But I find PIN less secure than strong password, so that's why I'm not using it.
 
AMD Ryzen™ 7 7745HX does have TPM chip as built in. Just enable fTpm in bios setting and you will have "windows hello".
It's already on.

Screenshot_1.png
But I guess for Windows Hello, You need tot add an online account in Microsoft 🙄
I don't know. I honestly never tried Windows Hello, nor I have any reason to use it.
I use Windows Hello related to Fingerprint-Sensor to login on my HP laptop, here all works even with Windows Local Account (my choice for several reasons).
Yeah, I'm using local account as well. I have no plans to use Microsoft account in Windows.
 
I think Windows Hello is not compatible with Lenovo Legion.

View attachment 284751
Same with my Dell 2:1 notebook, not compatible. But of course with my Surface 5 laptop, it is compatible, along with 1Password, which switches from Hello login, to my created password, to the Windows login pin. It's in the settings of what and when it uses these options.
 
Same with my Dell 2:1 notebook, not compatible. But of course with my Surface 5 laptop, it is compatible, along with 1Password, which switches from Hello login, to my created password, to the Windows login pin. It's in the settings of what and when it uses these options.
Do you use Microsoft Account or Local Account?
 
I refreshed my security config to reflect current state. Here's the list of all changes:
  1. Secure DNS changed from AdGuard Public DNS to Control D Free DNS – Hagezi Pro Plus
  2. BitLocker is now enabled
  3. Installed ChromeMask and Librezam in Firefox
  4. Replaced Proton VPN with Cloudflare WARP
  5. Now using Filen.io along Google Drive for cloud storage
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top