Advanced Plus Security markstitovits's Security Configuration 2024

  • Thread starter Thread starter ForgottenSeer 96160
  • Start date Start date
Last updated
Jan 29, 2024
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
ZTE
TPLNIK Archer AX10 (software: AX1500)
Real-time protection
Avast Premium Security
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Keeping everything up-to-date
Avast Driver Updater
Blocking MS telemetry servers
O&O ShutUp
Periodic malware scanners
MS defender, Norton Power Eraser, HitmanPro
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
Proxmox server
Browsers and extensions
Brave
extensions: ProtonPass
Secure DNS
System: AdGuard DNS with DoH
Browser: Quad9 DNS with DoH
Desktop VPN
NordVPN (Always on)
Double-VPN if needed
Password and passkey manager
ProtonPass
Maintenance tools
BleachBit, WinDirStat, TCPView, Autoruns, OpenHardwareMonitor, Avast Driver Updater, command line tools (sfc, chkdsk, dism.exe)
File and photo backups
Primary: iCloud (E2EE)
Others: ProtonDrive, Mega
(All End-to-End encrypted)
Subscriptions
    • Apple iCloud+ 200GB
System recovery
Windows restore point
AOMEI Backupper
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
ASUS TUF Gaming B650M-PLUS
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
G.SKILL Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz
GIGABYTE NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti
Corsair MP600 CORE XT 1TB
Kingston NV2 2TB
Notable changes
2022/09/13
+ Took a few community suggestions after making this thread.
2022/09/30
+ Bitdefender Total Security
- Microsoft Defender(DefenderUI)
2022/10/14
- Cookie AutoDelete from Firefox
- Facebook container from Firefox
2023/04/1
+ Eset Internet Security
2024/01/29
+ Updated the page to the current setup and security configuration
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Eset is always the first one blocking phishing urls, its great choise of antivirus

About the above dns comments, maybe you want to go for speed? You can always try DNSbench


adguard dns is fine, there is no need to add anything if you dont like, your config is good already
 
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
G.SKILL Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz
GIGABYTE NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti

The Bottleneck must hurt :/
To explain, the graphics card is quite old and can create a "bottleneck" .

I recommend that you change the graphics card when you can, as the processor has to throttle itself according to the graphics card :/
 
The Bottleneck must hurt :/
To explain, the graphics card is quite old and can create a "bottleneck" .

I recommend that you change the graphics card when you can, as the processor has to throttle itself according to the graphics card :/
Yes, I know and you are totally right. I only play games sometimes and I most modern game run well with about 40FPS. For now I'm alright with that because of my financials(I'm a student). Thank you for your response, I appreciate it!
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top