Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Trend Micro said:
Trend Micro reported several key developments in the new variant of DroidDreamLight, which we were able to analyze earlier this month. This new variant, found in a China-based third-party app store, comes off as apps such as a battery-monitoring tool, a task-listing tool, and an app that lists the permissions used by installed apps. Please note though that the apps come in English so potential victims are not limited to users who understand Chinese.

For one, there were major changes in its code:

droiddream1.jpg

Another important update is the addition of information theft routines. Based on our analysis, this new variant can steal certain information from the device such as:
  • SMS (inbox and outbox)
  • Call logs (incoming and outgoing)
  • Contact list
  • Information related to Google accounts stored in the device

Read more

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I am happy I don't have android phone or Android OS. As long as security isn't improved or provided I will never use smartphone. I know ESET has one but how good is it? I find phones has gone beyond what it's suppose to be. They are to phone and it should remain that way.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Well this new DroidDreamLight variant can't install on its own....If the users has some common sense than it should be safe....
Before installing a app. , a list with the applications right is presented to the users , now if you see an app that wants to do all this things:

SMS (inbox and outbox)
Call logs (incoming and outgoing)
Contact list
Information related to Google accounts stored in the device

maybe it would be a good idea to click the "Deny" button. :)

D

Deleted member 178

if you choose a security apps for Android which one will you use?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.