Matt90's Config - Rate my security config

Matt90

Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2014
Guys, what about Zemana Antimalware, rebranded version of Hitman Pro ?
G Data, Emsisoft, Dr.Web and IKARUS Antivirus engines would be a good complement to my on-demand scanners, what do you think ?

toffee

Level 6
Verified
Feb 17, 2013
Guys, what about Zemana Antimalware, rebranded version of Hitman Pro ?
G Data, Emsisoft, Dr.Web and IKARUS Antivirus engines would be a good complement to my on-demand scanners, what do you think ?

On demand scanner: Hitman Pro or MBAM! I have heard that new Emsisoft is very effective.

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Nice config, I think there is no need to adding more on demand scanners, well although you think you might need it of course. Since you have a good browsing habbits, there is no need adding more on demand scanners, I believe with your habbit the only "malwares" you see on your Av's log (or any on demand scanners) just a few bad cookies :)

I agree with Koroke San and Mr.Exterminator, adding last pass as your browser ext is also good, besides afaik lastpass encrypt your data too, so it could give us a lil bit peace of mind when do banking online, and as for on demand scanner, if you think you want it, yes avira PC cleaner that Koroke San told you is a good product too, anyway thanks for sharing your config ;)

Reactions: Koroke San

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
What Huracan stated is true, I don't recommended using HerdProtect, since it's still beta, and using many AV's engine? well I'm afraid it could give us many FP's report, but of course I didn't tested it nor had any experienced with it, just sayin

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Keep in mind HerdProtect is still in Beta.
Really in UI of Herd Protect there is no word beta, so i think this the final version.

What Huracan stated is true, I don't recommended using HerdProtect, since it's still beta, and using many AV's engine? well I'm afraid it could give us many FP's report, but of course I didn't tested it nor had any experienced with it, just sayin

Herd Protect is designed is such a way that it will mostly ignore FP's.
Until now i don't have any FP's.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's a Beta version.

upload_2014-4-28_17-7-53.png

Reactions: MrExplorer

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.