Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirmaljot singh baidwan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2017
Hello all,

Has Anyone used this software? I uploaded a sample to Virustotal today and there i saw a vendor with name as "MAX". Is it MAX Secure? I'll be uploading the .JPEG file from virustotal page.

Can someone please test this software? Would be quite interesting.

Thanks & regards.

Attachments

• MAX.JPG
    MAX.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 451
Reactions: Sunshine-boy

sona

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
Hello all,

Has Anyone used this software? I uploaded a sample to Virustotal today and there i saw a vendor with name as "MAX". Is it MAX Secure? I'll be uploading the .JPEG file from virustotal page.

Can someone please test this software? Would be quite interesting.

Thanks & regards.
available at amazon at rs.80 .
1.if you going to buy this it will be a big mistake.
2.it is a pup.
3.its down loader is being blocked by McAfee

Nirmaljot singh baidwan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2017
available at amazon at rs.80 .
1.if you going to buy this it will be a big mistake.
2.it is a pup.
3.its down loader is being blocked by McAfee
The real question is what is the MAX in the screen shot that i attached in my original post? Which software is that?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
From memory this is using Bitdefender signatures. However, I may be wrong as it's a year or two since I've tried it.

They also publish an anti spyware program, Max Secure Spyware Detector which uses their own signatures, and has issues with false positives. I helped them remove a few false positives 10+ years ago.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
This is what VirusTotal have to say about the MAX scanner they are using now (it has nothing to do with the Indian antivirus).
VirusTotal Blog: VirusTotal += MAX
We welcome MAX scanner to VirusTotal. This scanner was developed by Saint Security Inc, headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. In the words of the company:

"MAX is a machine learning and cloud-based next-generation antivirus engine to identify malware with AI, previously unknown and well-known both. MAX, as a part of malwares.com Project launched by Saint Security in 2014, is designed to detect malware by utilizing a great deal of intelligence data of malwares.com. It identifies various malware by nature and maximizes detection rate and minimizes false-positives with multi-layer and whitelist learning. In addition, MAX detects various types of file such as Windows binary files (32bit, 64bit), Linux elf files, mobile APK files, etc."

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Probably just an horrible product designed to steal some money.

Reactions: sona
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.