Maxthon MxNitro Browser - ALPHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
The browser is pretty fast which I like, but there are some things that I don't like about the browser such as : No Extensions, Doesn't Play Youtube Videos. Overall it is a really good browser.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The browser is pretty fast which I like, but there are some things that I don't like about the browser such as : No Extensions, Doesn't Play Youtube Videos. Overall it is a really good browser.

They did warn you it was removed.
The MxNitro team focused on 4 major areas to gain speed.
  1. Removing largely unused, resource-hogging features like extensions, ad blockers, and cloud services.
  2. Algorithmic, predictive pre-fetching of websites based on browser and search history, and usage patterns across minutes, hours, and days of the week.
  3. Predictive pre-creation of connections to websites and pages.
  4. Stripping down the ‘design load’ through a simple, lightweight user interface.

This is an Alpha release, correct?

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
They did warn you it was removed.

This is an Alpha release, correct?

The browser is currently in aplha.

I also don't know why they don't support flash though I see everyone complaing on their forums about supporting flash.

Reactions: brambedkar59

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011

Salutations,
;)

I did a search on google.bs And anyone could have this link? Just like I did! They did not warn it was remove. It was not sent to my
E-mail Address.
SEARCHABLE! So,it IS NOT Private or it should have been encrypted. Sharing in part of my makeup! Improvement like any else need individuals to use so that they can make suggestions. So, suggest it to their forum. I know the different between Alpha,Beta and Final. So.let move on.....:p

Kind regards,:mad:

Last edited:

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Maxthon Releases MxNitro Beta, the Fastest PC Browser in the World
MxNitro Browser Offers Quickest Startup Times and Incomparable Page Loading Speeds for Windows PC

SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Maxthon, a global software company that develops state-of-the-art web browsers, today released the beta of Maxthon Nitro, the fastest Windows web PC browser currently available. MxNitro starts 3X faster and fetches and loads web pages considerably quicker than any other existing Windows PC browser. This is the newest addition to the company’s family of high-performance web browsers and is targeted at users who want a stripped-down, high performance browser with a minimalist design, a light memory and CPU footprint.

“Our focus groups and longitudinal surveys detail a growing segment of users who want speed above all else. 80% of users say that speed is their #1 decision-making criteria and that they are willing to forego extensive features and add-ons to get more of it,” said Jeff Chen, CEO of Maxthon. “This product is dedicated solely to that important and growing consumer niche.”

Under development since March 2014, Nitro’s streamlined and quick performance is achieved in part by drastically reducing its UI/UX load, adding new, patent-pending pre-connection and pre-fetching technology and by stripping out features that hog resources or cause delays in start-up times and page rendering.

In keeping with Maxthon’s long-standing tradition of community-collaborative development, much of the user-visible product direction of MxNitro has come from the active participation of a beta community of close to 20,000 users. Highlights of the new product include:

• Installs and starts 3x faster than the fastest Windows PC browser — Chrome v.37
  • Loads web pages 30% faster than Chrome v.37
  • Noticeably speeds up web browsing on any Windows PC made before 2014
  • Has a clutter-free, intuitive look and feel designed expressly to make new users feel comfortable on first use

“Our flagship product — Mx4, the Maxthon Cloud Browser — is feature-rich and already Formula-1 fast,” said Karl Mattson, VP of Maxthon’s International Division. “Nitro, aptly named, boosts that speed to a whole new level for an underserved market niche: speed minimalists. And this is only the beta.”

Download the beta of MxNitro for Windows (http://www.maxthon.com/mxnitro)
Source

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Yes it's very fast in my opinion but I'm a power user, I love and need my 40+ Cyberfox add-ons and the lack of settings (I understand why) makes it not a browser I can use, overall I will be keeping an eye on this browser.

Related video from Mozilla behind the meaning and why one would want to use such a stripped down simple browser.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Reactions: Moose and MrXidus

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
MxNitro 1.0.0.700 Alpha
mxnitro_browser.jpg

Maxthon’s MxNitro Web Browser is the newest addition to Maxthon’s family of high-performance web browsers. If you are one of the millions of web surfers who don’t want to mess with complicated features like ad blockers, extensions and cloud services, this is the web browser for you. Maxthon’s MxNitro web browser was built from the ground up to maximize start-up time, page rendering speed, and stability with impressive results.

MxNitro starts 3X faster and fetches and loads web pages considerably quicker than any other existing Windows PC browser. MxNitro is targeted at users who want a stripped-down, high performance browser with a minimalist design, a light memory and CPU footprint.

Under development since March 2014, Nitro's streamlined and quick performance is achieved in part by drastically reducing its UI/UX load, adding new, patent-pending pre-connection and pre-fetching technology and by stripping out features that hog resources or cause delays in start-up times and page rendering. MxNitro Web Browser makes the web faster on every computer, old or new.

MxNitro highlights include:

• Installs and starts 3x faster than the fastest Windows PC browser -- Chrome
  • Loads web pages 30% faster than Chrome
  • Noticeably speeds up web browsing on any Windows PC made before 2014
  • Has a clutter-free, intuitive look and feel designed expressly to make new users feel comfortable on first use
Download: MxNitro 1.0.0.700 Alpha | 29.9 MB (Freeware)
Link: MxNitro Home Page | MxNitro Forum
Source

Reactions: Kent and tonibalas

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
As we move closer to the first FINAL release of Nitro Web Browser, we are looking for a group of people who may be interested in participating in the beta program. First step is to fill out >>THIS<< survey.

We will follow up with users who are interested with next steps.

Let me know if you have any questions below and thanks for all your support!

Cheers,

Maxthon
http://www.maxthon.com/blog/nitro-web-browsers-next-big-steps/

Reactions: gin
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.