Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Highlights
  • Addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.
Improvements

This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5012643 (released April 25, 2022) and also addresses the following issues:
  • Addresses a known issue that might cause issues for some .NET Framework 3.5 apps or prevent those apps from opening. The affected apps use certain optional components in .NET Framework 3.5, such as Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow (WWF) components.
  • Addresses a known issue that might cause your screen to flicker if you start your device in Safe Mode. Components that rely on explorer.exe, such as File Explorer, the Start menu, and the taskbar, might be affected and appear unstable.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new updates contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

For more information about security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide website and the May 2022 Security Updates.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

What's new in the Windows 11 KB5013943 update​

After installing today's non-security update, Windows 11 will have its build number changed to 22000.675.

The Windows 11 KB5013943 cumulative update includes approximately 27 improvements and fixes, with five highlighted fixes or changes listed below:
  • Microsoft fixed a bug that caused .NET Framework 3.5 apps not to open. Only apps that used Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow (WWF) components had this problem.
  • Microsoft fixed a known issue that would cause your screen to flicker if you start Windows 11 in Safe Mode.
  • Microsoft fixed an issue with video subtitles being partially cut off or not correctly aligned.
  • If you align your taskbar to the left, Windows 11 will now display the temperature on top of the weather icon.
  • The minimize, maximize, and close buttons now work as expected when using app windows.
As Microsoft no longer provides complete release notes in their cumulative update bulletins, you can review the list of changes in the April preview release to see what has been fixed.

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
It removed my .net 3.5 installation and i had to reinstall it to make things work.:mad: It caused Adguard desktop to issue a non starting error.

• Sad
Reactions: mkoundo

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

May 2022 Windows 11 update KB5013943 may break apps​

If you have installed the May 2022 cumulative update for Windows 11, you may have experienced issues with applications. Certain apps may crash, fail to open, or have other issues on affected devices.
Microsoft notes:
After installing this update, some .NET Framework 3.5 apps might have issues or might fail to open. Affected apps are using certain optional components in .NET Framework 3.5, such as Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow (WWF) components.
According to Microsoft, the issue may be mitigated by running several commands from an elevated command prompt window:
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:WCF-HTTP-Activation
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:WCF-NonHTTP-Activation

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Unfortunately, I had this issue after installing KB5013943. F-Secure Safe was unable to start the UI and even other related processes...
Application Error: 0xc0000135

But now it's fixed after trying the first command mentioned in above report on ghacks:
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

In my case the Windscribe GUI would show up on desktop but was frozen. None of the Ghack commands helped. I am able to right click on the Windscribe tray icon and select the GUI and that fixes it for me as of right now.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
In my case the Windscribe GUI would show up on desktop but was frozen. None of the Ghack commands helped. I am able to right click on the Windscribe tray icon and select the GUI and that fixes it for me as of right now.
Go to control panel>programs and features>turn windows features on and off> un-tik the .net framework 3.5 > ok then after uninstall restart, repeat the same but this time tik the .net framework 3.5 to install it....expand the folder and enable both the options below... restart.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
It appears that the latest cumulative update for Windows 11 and 10 did not go as smoothly as Microsoft wanted. Following reports about all sorts of issues and crashes happening after installing the May 2022 cumulative update, Microsoft has updated the Windows Health dashboard notification with a notice about new confirmed bugs in Windows 10 and 11.

Microsoft says KB5013943 (Windows 11, build 22000.675) and KB5013942 (Windows 10, builds 19043.1706, 19042.1706, and 19041.1706) cause authentication failures on the server or client for services, such as NPS, RRAS, EAP, and PEAP. The problem is related to how the domain controller handles the mapping of certificates to machine accounts.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.