MB will not stop starting with the OS at boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holysmoke

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
I have disabled it in startup under msconfig.

I have unchecked "start with windows" in the system tray.

I have unchecked "start MB anti malware with windows" under advanced settings.

It still starts when I boot into windows 7. I don't like all the false positives it throws up and just want to start it manually.

any ideas?

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Do you mean MBAM? Malwarebytes? I would just remove it & download MBAM clean & run it then download the free on demand version of MBAM. Thats what I have & no problems with it.

Reactions: Holysmoke

Holysmoke

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
ya Malwarebytes. I tried uninstall, reinstall, but it retains my premium license automatically and then starts itself. so annoying.

I have decided to just use Kaspersky AV 2015 and Appguard with Malwarebytes on demand.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
OK... I thought you were using the trial version. There should be someone along to help you. Please keep checking for additional posts.

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
If you have premium activated, the whole thing including service starts itself after every database update. It's extremely annoying.

Reactions: Moose
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.