Advice Request MBAM Browser Extension Issue

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiSingh12

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
Hi all,

i got an Issue with my MBAM browser extension flagging a few sites as a Trojan on Chrome, including a new tab, this was not happening before and randomly started about 30 minutes ago. I tried opening a new Tab with "CTRL + T" and it flags it as a Trojan. Another site flagged as a Trojan is "Virustotal.com", and of course both of these are clean sites.

Any advice?

Thanks

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Disable the extension and use another one. It's on beta and it's buggy as hell.

JiSingh12

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
Disable the extension and use another one. It's on beta and it's buggy as hell.

Ah well it was working great while it lasted and the tests seem quite positive compared to other extensions, but blocking the new tab page is a bit excessive :p

Deciding between Avast, Avira, or Comodo Extension now.

Reactions: amico81 and RoboMan

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
IF you need something to cover site go K9 Web protection + umatrix or ublock runing insdie Sandboxie..

Is far enought.. if you wanna some privacy you can add canvas defender and vpn service

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Ah well it was working great while it lasted and the tests seem quite positive compared to other extensions, but blocking the new tab page is a bit excessive :p

Deciding between Avast, Avira, or Comodo Extension now.
To be totally honest, do not inject the browser with third party extensions. If you use Chrome, their built-in security against malware and phishing is pretty solid. I wouldn't add anything else that will just end up slowing the connection and browser start-up time.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Yes, the MBAM Browser Extension just told me that a page at the official MBAM website is riddled with trojans.

So that's interesting...

1537963698025.png

Reactions: JiSingh12

JiSingh12

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
Yes, the MBAM Browser Extension just told me that a page at the official MBAM website is riddled with trojans.

I got a feeling the extension is going through a rough time today then, must be happening to quite a few people.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Maybe give this time to rectify. Disabled it, use Avira if you wish as a replacement for now or just use Netcraft w/ uBlock Origin + ScriptSafe.

~LDogg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.